Ok.....the rest of the schedule

If NU goes 5-1 down the stretch with say a loss to Indiana and then wins 2 in tournament that would make them 21-12 and being a pretty hot team at the end of the year. I think that would be enough to get them into the big dance, but whether they get there is another story. There will be a lot of teams with similar records.

I don't have a huge problem with it if they don't get in with that record, but why does it always seem like Georgetown gets into the show with a 17-14 record.

Because they're Georgetown.

C'mon... if we have records that are anywhere near each other and we both happen to be on the bubble, who do you think the selection committee is going to go with? They don't give a crap about our feel-good story or bringing change to the tourney. They're going to go with the team with tradition. It's the same reason we sometimes get slotted into a better bowl game than we deserve at the end of the FB season... We're Nebraska. We have a ridiculous fan base and everyone knows it.

With that said... there's a reason I never take GTown to get out of the first round in the tourney. :lol:

That's what I am saying, they never get out of the first round. The big east has been living on its past rep for 20 years IMO. It's not 1985 and Patrick Ewing is not at Gtown and Chris Mullen isn't at St. Johns and Rollie Massimino is not the head coach at Villanova anymore.

Not after he auctioned off his sweater collection to Rik Neuisel and Jim Tressel...........

Wrong Italian, your thinking of Louis Carnisecca he was HC at St. Johns :ahhhhhhhh

Darn..........was never very good at sweater-related history............

17 wins and at least one win in the tournament gets NU in around a 12-13 seed. RPI ans SOS are going to help us big time. Plus wins over MSU, OSU, FGC, and Indy.

I disagree with you on 17 wins; that's not enough. I agree with gratefullred - 18-12, 10-8 ought to get it done. 10-8 in the Big Ten should be enough. After that, if we're a 6-seed in the Big Ten Tournament and win the first round game, we deserve a ticket to the Big Dance. We have a good SOS and RPI.

• Fire 1

How? Do the people in Vegas know something I don't, or is someone going to lose some money on that line?

Illinois is playing at home. I am sure that that's worth a point or two. Plus I am sure that they are expecting a let down by the Huskers at some point. That's probably worth another 1 or 2

How? Do the people in Vegas know something I don't, or is someone going to lose some money on that line?

They know that we're 2-9 on the road or whatever it is.

I suppose, but winning the last two has to count for something. I just don't quite believe Illinois should be the favorite, they've won 3 games in 2014.