Nebraska Revenue from Big Ten Conference

Mavric

Jeebus Kriest. With Maryland comes TV sets. It's that simple. Get over it. That's what it's always going to be about.

While i understand that why not pick a better school? If the ACC is willing to let them go and walk out the door easily maybe they know Marlyand doesn't add that much in terms of tv?

I dont know. Part of me is as frustrated about it as anyone, but they bring something to the table that maybe we just dont know about yet. I dont but Delaney must. There must be something there so we'll see how it plays out.

The idea is to get the market to expand down the east coast. There are plans to still add another team from a Georgia or FL market to grab that population. Then the B10 along with Fox will have a built in ports market as large or larger than ESPN and in areas that are considered sports rabid. Its part of the reason why ESPN got involved with the conferences last year when teams were moving. The rumors were out there and they felt a little vulnerable.

OW985928.JPG

2010-11 bar chart revenue? Misprint? Like $13.4 instead of $3.4 :dunno ?

from OWH article: UNL Chancellor Harvey Perlman says he has no regrets over the deal he negotiated with the Big Ten in 2010

I always distrust Harvey

For someone who teaches contract law and is supposed to be an expert in contract negotiations and relationship building for those contracts he seems to make things pretty tough on dear old NU.