Spurrier Calls out B1G School for Negative Recruiting

Why do people think it was the Huskers that Spurrier is talking about? I just took a quick glance at the Gamecocks recruits and 14 out of 21 had offers from B1G schools. Many with multiple B1G offers. It could've been about half a dozen schools. Maybe someone from Bloomington, or Madison, or Champaign.

Why do people think it was the Huskers that Spurrier is talking about? I just took a quick glance at the Gamecocks recruits and 14 out of 21 had offers from B1G schools. Many with multiple B1G offers. It could've been about half a dozen schools. Maybe someone from Bloomington, or Madison, or Champaign.

I think KCChris pointed out in the OP that McClain is the only signee of theres that's committed in the past 4 months that even took a visit to a Big10 school, and it was Nebraska.

or possibly... COLUMBUS!!!!

Ha ha! Yeah, maybe. I figured Columbus OH pop > Columbia SC pop. So just now I looked up Columbia SC population. It's only 131k. Here are the B1G schools smaller than that: Bloomington with 89k. Champaign with 82k. West Lafayette with 30k. Iowa City 68k. Ann Arbor 114k. Happy Valley 42k. East Lansing 49k. (Madison has 233k)

/ edit: For all I know some of the B1G towns could be part of larger metropolitan areas. I know places like West Lafayette and Bloomington are out by themselves. But I don't know if Champaign's population includes Urbana, etc.

I think KCChris pointed out in the OP that McClain is the only signee of theres that's committed in the past 4 months that even took a visit to a Big10 school, and it was Nebraska.

That makes sense. But really the comments could have come from anywhere. Or anyone. For all we know it could have been from a telephone conversation with an assistant coach, right?

I'm not saying that it couldn't have been us. I just wondered why people thought that. :dunno

Besides the occasional one offs, is Nebraska really going after the same recruits as SCar? I mean I don't think academics and graduation are the top priorities for SCar recruits.

We were up against them for several this year. DT Abu Lamin chose them over us. Petyton Newell chose us over them. And, of course, McClain flipped at the end.