10,000th post Rigatoni w/ Bacon & Leeks

carlfense

FNM_030114-Pasta-With-Bacon-And-Leeks-Recipe-h_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg

Ingredients

Kosher salt

12 ounces mezzi rigatoni (or other short pasta)

4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces

1 bunch leeks (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise, thinly sliced and rinsed well

Freshly ground pepper

3/4 cup heavy cream

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for topping

Chopped fresh parsley, for topping

Directions

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta.

Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings from the skillet.

Add the leeks to the drippings in the skillet. Season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the heavy cream and cook until it begins to thicken, about 2 minutes.

Add the pasta to the skillet along with the parmesan, half of the bacon and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat, adding enough of the reserved pasta cooking water to loosen. To serve, top with the remaining bacon, more parmesan and parsley.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pasta-with-bacon-and-leeks.html

• 2 weeks later...

Something suspicious here. The Dude and CarlF both joined in 09 and both have captured the elusive 10k post level at almost the same time??? hmmmmm

and yet I've been a member since 04 and haven't even hit 10k????? life goes by so fast :D

I think the reason I decided to sign up here was because there was a poster named "carlfense" that had a Bill Murray av.

Really tied the forum together.

Something suspicious here. The Dude and CarlF both joined in 09 and both have captured the elusive 10k post level at almost the same time??? hmmmmm

and yet I've been a member since 04 and haven't even hit 10k????? life goes by so fast :D

I think the reason I decided to sign up here was because there was a poster named "carlfense" that had a Bill Murray av.

Really tied the forum together.

That's just like your opinion, man.