I thought we were better than 12th but I'm not sure I'd have gone higher than 8th. I think we got a little help because several of the teams we play twice are toward the bottom of the conference - even though we lost a couple of them. But we've also had a couple really good wins and played a couple others tough. Color me impressed.

Yes and no tho-- We played Mich and OSU twice and had to play MSU and Iowa on the road.

Not impossible but the whole B1G is very deep. Northwestern//Purdue/PSU/Illinois arent slouches... I am shocked at how bad ILL has been lately.

I thought we were better than 12th but I'm not sure I'd have gone higher than 8th. I think we got a little help because several of the teams we play twice are toward the bottom of the conference - even though we lost a couple of them. But we've also had a couple really good wins and played a couple others tough. Color me impressed.

Yes and no tho-- We played Mich and OSU twice and had to play MSU and Iowa on the road.

Not impossible but the whole B1G is very deep. Northwestern//Purdue/PSU/Illinois arent slouches... I am shocked at how bad ILL has been lately.

I think the league is pretty deep and relatively even but the top isn't as good as it was last year. MSU is very solid but even current #2 Michigan is barely going to be ranked if they lose to MSU tomorrow. We did play Michigan twice but tOSU is only one slot above us in the conference. We will also play #12 PSU twice, #11 Illinois twice, #10 NW twice, #9 Indiana twice and #8 Purdue twice. We only play #1 MSU once (thankfully for them chuckleshuffle ), #3 Wisconsin once and #4 Iowa once. That's about as favorable schedule as you can get. But props to Miles and Co. for getting the job done.

I think the league is pretty deep and relatively even but the top isn't as good as it was last year. MSU is very solid but even current #2 Michigan is barely going to be ranked if they lose to MSU tomorrow. We did play Michigan twice but tOSU is only one slot above us in the conference. We will also play #12 PSU twice, #11 Illinois twice, #10 NW twice, #9 Indiana twice and #8 Purdue twice. We only play #1 MSU once (thankfully for them chuckleshuffle ), #3 Wisconsin once and #4 Iowa once. That's about as favorable schedule as you can get. But props to Miles and Co. for getting the job done.

This is all true. And though the front part of the conference schedule was brutal, these later season games vs lower teams AFTER we have matured and improved somewhat has turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Not so sure we could have strung wins together to build momentum IF the schedule had been reversed.

Who would've thought that NU would be an inch, one point away from being undefeated at home in late February? We have a great coach, lots of up and coming talent that are learning to play some good ball, but you definitely cannot undersell the new arena and the fans (which I doubt anyone is doing). Obviously it is hypothetical, but I bet coach Miles himself would tell you that if PBA was only half-filled this season, Nebraska wouldn't be 12-1 at home.

Nebraska b-ball fans have hoped, wanted, and wished for a good coach in a good venue. Miles has hoped, wanted, and wished for a strong fan base.

I think both got their wish. I hope it never changes. GBR

Edit: Good OP.