Post Season Tournament Possibilities

Mavric

USA today projected Nebraska and Minnesota IN!

LINK

This could be about as good of a draw as the Huskers could get - barring a tremendous run in the B1G Tourney.

(5) Louisville vs. (12) Play-in: Nebraska/Providence

(4) Virginia vs. (13) Belmont

I think we could take Louisville.

A 12 seed first, then Louisville - winner gets Agau - would be a great way to (hopefully) get a win and a shot at another.

LINK

This could be about as good of a draw as the Huskers could get - barring a tremendous run in the B1G Tourney.

Ha! I've always thought those play-in games were dumb, but now, we're hoping to get into one. Can you imagine if the play-in game becomes our first-ever NCAA win?! Would you consider that an asterisked first-ever NCAA win?

LINK

Ha! I've always thought those play-in games were dumb, but now, we're hoping to get into one. Can you imagine if the play-in game becomes our first-ever NCAA win?! Would you consider that an asterisked first-ever NCAA win?

No I would not asterisk the game. It's not Nebraskas fault they expanded the number of teams in the field and those team have to play to get to the field of 64. A win is a win.

What happened:

Miami lost - no help for the Huskers

Purdue had Michigan beat but lost - would have been a nicer win for NU

George Mason beat Richmond - Richmond is another bubble team

UMass won - some SOS help

West Virginia lost - they might be off the bubble

NC St lost - another bubble team

Tennessee won - on the bubble, helps their resume

LSU won - bubble team

N Illinois beat Toledo - Huskers beat NIll and Toledo was trying to get on the bubble

Indiana State lost - off the bubble

Cal lost to Arizona - Cal is likely in barring a collapse

Baylor lost to Texas - Baylor in the same boat as Cal

Boise State lost - they were trying to get on the bubble

Stanford lost - see Cal & Baylor

UNLV won - they have a ways to go but this helps

So the Huskers did get some help yesterday.

Who would take a guaranteed first round game at the Vault in the NIT right NOW (with the potential for a couple more)............vs. trying to earn our way into a bubble slot resulting in a poor seed at the Dance?

Personally, I am glad we are fighting tooth and nail to get into the dance. If we get there, I will be happy and the team has accomplished a goal of theirs that they can deb proud of to build on for next year. And....who knows....I wouldn't put it past this team to win the first round.

IF...that doesn't happen. I will be happy with the first round game at the Vault with the chance of having a few more there.

Win ...win.....

Who would take a guaranteed first round game at the Vault in the NIT right NOW (with the potential for a couple more)............vs. trying to earn our way into a bubble slot resulting in a poor seed at the Dance?

Personally, I am glad we are fighting tooth and nail to get into the dance. If we get there, I will be happy and the team has accomplished a goal of theirs that they can deb proud of to build on for next year. And....who knows....I wouldn't put it past this team to win the first round.

IF...that doesn't happen. I will be happy with the first round game at the Vault with the chance of having a few more there.

Win ...win.....

Being we haven't been to the dance in 16 years and never won a game there, I would like to try to get there. I would still be happy with an NIT invite but the dance is the goal.

I say we just win the rest of these regular season games and try to get a bye

i do not know. i really think they need at least a win in the conference tourney, two would go a long way.

VKsydgw.png

i worry because we were hot and the committee looks at how your are playing late. you can erase some bad early losses if you finish strong. a late bad loss is quite the setback. but a wiscy win could even it out.