2014 Baseball Season Notes

Mavric

Figured a general thread for news/updates would work well.

Here's a nice (free) HuskerOnline article about Michael Pritchard:

Three days into his freshman season, Michael Pritchard was done. Done with the Huskers, done with Lincoln, maybe done with baseball entirely. The team had reported Friday for the start of school - by Monday, Pritchard was back in Omaha.

Mike Anderson, the coach at the time, called the Creighton Prep product and asked, 'Hey, are you coming back or do I have to come get you?"

"My heart wasn't really in it," Pritchard said. "Being away from home, I was just a scared freshman. A lot of freshmen go through that. You don't really know your talent level. You're coming up here and you're playing dudes that are just as good or way better than you.

Here's one I posted in the GT: Husker Classic thread earlier today, so posting it here too:

Don't know if you all heard it or not, but this morning on the Sharp and Benning show on 1620 the Zone, Gary Kubat (Kyle's father) was a guest and said Kyle is now ready to go and will be making the trip to AZ this weekend. Most likely not starting, but should get a few innings in. Below is the link to the podcast, and Gary Kubat comes on at about the 8:00 mark. If the link doesn't work, just copy and paste it into your browser line at the top of a new browser window.

http://www.stationca...c=981&f=2454143

• 1 month later...

22 games remaining.... the huskers are 20-14 with remaining series' against Minnesota, Northwestern, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan St. and Illinois... 2 games against UNO 1 more against both KSUX and Creighton. The Magic 40 number looks almost impossible with the inconsistencies this team has shown this year. Looks like the boys are going to have to make a run in the B1G tourny.

• 2 weeks later...

14 games remaining 12 conference.... can we go 10-2?

Indiana and Illinois play each other this weekend.... so we SHOULD regain some ground there..

Indiana looks to have a fairly pud schedule the rest of the way. toughest games against Illini and 1 vs Louisville..

Illini have Indiana and Nebraska

our toughest contest left is Creighton and Illini as well as Mich State.

Our vision of this team has changed from last Thursday to today. Today they look like they have all season. Ups and downs and inconsistent.

Last Friday we were looking at them to possibly gain a 2 seed in the post season.

Right now fighting for a 2 seed in the B1G might be an issue.

I think we all believe this team is capable of much more than they have shown. Can they clear their minds of this weekends debacle and get hot for the post season right around the corner?

I think/hope so!