so, listening to Sharp and Benning in the morning

74Hunter

I think that everyone who is whining about Bo and the rest of the coaching staff really need to listen to Damon and Sipple, a couple of guys who know more than the average fan, talk about the fans' wish list for coaches, the reality of our situation and how Nebraska is looked at by those in the coaching ranks.

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but maybe those who are hash tagging 9 wins and who are calling for coaching changes will wake the hell up and see reality. The Bo bashing is getting old, especially when you consider everything against him here.

@74 Hunter People can do or say whatever the hell they want as far as supporting Bo Pelini or not.....so Sip and anyone else needs to just get over that bullsh#t. If you have a hard time accepting the fact that other people may not see things the same way you do, then don't step out your front door.....ever. Disagreements are a part of life. It's how you deal with it that alters the way you are viewed. Deal with it like a man, listen to others opinions, stick to our guns if you firmly believe in your position, but the worst thing that could happen is you learn some thing by listening to someone else for a change.

As far as your final comment, Bo should be cut some slack from fans because of ALL the things against him here. Elaborate please. This is one thing I still can't wrap my head around. What's sooooo damn hard about being a Head Coach at Nebraska versus elsewhere? What challenges does Bo face that 85% or more other coaches don't face? I say 85% because certainly I am aware there are some real dream jobs out there, USC, Texas, maybe Florida (whom has even found a way to fail) maybe a few others, but largely Nebraska has it very very well compared to the majority. So please teach me something, I'll listen.

• Fire 3

I think that everyone who is whining about Bo and the rest of the coaching staff really need to listen to Damon and Sipple, a couple of guys who know more than the average fan, talk about the fans' wish list for coaches, the reality of our situation and how Nebraska is looked at by those in the coaching ranks.

Sorry if this is beating a dead horse, but maybe those who are hash tagging 9 wins and who are calling for coaching changes will wake the hell up and see reality. The Bo bashing is getting old, especially when you consider everything against him here.

It IS dedhoarse but since there's about 8 million threads on this, and will probably be millions more to come, it is obvious that it's never going to stop until either Bo is fired, Bo quits, or Bo wins a championship (and in that case, people will start creating threads that Bo didn't win the title game by enough points.) Then if he doesn't get to the title game the following year it's time to fire him again. It goes on and on and on...

As far as your final comment, Bo should be cut some slack from fans because of ALL the things against him here. Elaborate please. This is one thing I still can't wrap my head around. What's sooooo damn hard about being a Head Coach at Nebraska versus elsewhere? What challenges does Bo face that 85% or more other coaches don't face? I say 85% because certainly I am aware there are some real dream jobs out there, USC, Texas, maybe Florida (whom has even found a way to fail) maybe a few others, but largely Nebraska has it very very well compared to the majority. So please teach me something, I'll listen.

I'm often critical of this argument, as well. Someone may correct me, but I think a lot of these disadvantages are aimed towards recruiting. And for the most part, sure - I think Nebraska does face a few recruiting challenges that many other schools don't have to, and most of it has to do with location. I'm sure with some recruits it an be tough pitching a cold weather environment. And, if they're from another part of the country, I think it's reasonable to have challenges convincing parents that hey... you may not get to see your kid play in person on Saturdays.

Other than that, Nebraska has the money, fan support, booster support, national brand and facilities to compete with all the top programs in the country. Recruiting is certainly a big part of it and I'm not trying to downplay that. But, outside of recruiting challenges, I'm not sure I see what else is a major concern.

• Fire 3

I'm largely supportive of Bo and thinks he needs a little more time steer the ship before we even think about firing him. But, the people that want Pelini gone have very fair, reasonable critiques of Pelini and why he shouldn't be here. It's unwise to dismiss them or their opinions, because some of them are logical arguments.

I've said over the last few months though that, in my opinion, Pelini needs a B1G title soon if he wants to keep his job. And, I think he realizes this. The man's not stupid. And by soon, I personally believe it needs to happen within the next couple seasons. After that point, I believe it's difficult to justify keeping him here, especially if he makes it to a title game again but loses again. Feel free to disagree but I think that's a reasonable expectation for fans.

+1.

Personally, I've seen enough in the past 6 seasons to have a pretty good idea of what we can expect. That said, it's reasonable for fans to want to give Pelini a little more time . . . so long as we can all agree that the status quo in perpetuity is unacceptable.

If Bo Pelini can achieve 9 wins per season here, then better coaches can achieve better. They can also be bought.

Curious argument.

I wonder, if I take this and apply it to a different situation it still rings true.

At the time, would anyone had considered Bill Callahan a better coach or fit for Nebraska football than Frank Solich?

Remember, I'm talking about at the time, not reflecting back.

If Bo Pelini can achieve 9 wins per season here, then better coaches can achieve better. They can also be bought.

Curious argument.

I wonder, if I take this and apply it to a different situation it still rings true.

At the time, would anyone had considered Bill Callahan a better coach or fit for Nebraska football than Frank Solich?

Remember, I'm talking about at the time, not reflecting back.

lol no.

his only success as a coach was making it to a super bowl with gruden's players and gruden's playbook and then getting depantsed by gruden and getting fired after his team quit on him and sucked ass.

The "everything against" Bo argument is dumb.

Here's the reality.

Define "Better Coach", Nick Sabin, Urban Meyer, who? Is Charlie Strong better? He is an up and coming coach who has had about 3 decent years and now has got a head coaching gig in the real big time. Lets see what he does at Texas first. James Franklin, maybe, again had some good luck turning around Vandy, but they never really beat anyone that was good.

I guess I am just not sure what or who is a better coach. Sabin and Meyer aren't coming to Nebraska. Money wise Alabama and OSU will never let it happen and they are not going to come to some place that is so tough to recruit to.

I know you think everyone can be bought, but I am not sure that is the case.