Spring Game - who - what do you want to see?

TGHusker

OL- I want to see Knevel and Finnin and see how they are progressing. High hopes for both.

RB- Newby. I want to see what this guy can do with the ball in his hand and a little confidence, bc he can flat fly. He could bring something to our offense that we havent had for awhile.

QB- Of course Stanton and Armstrong

WR- Who replaces Enunwa. We dont have that guy on our roster right now. I hope Harrison makes it here this fall and is ready to play.

DL- Continued growth from the pups and see what AJ Natter and Joe Keels can do.

LB- Newby. Can he be a dynamic LB that can create matchup advantages for us on D.

CB- Rose. It is your time to step up and be the next lock down DB. CJax at nickel or wherever it is we decide it is best for him to play. It will be interesting how Cockerell will fit in too.

As units it has to be our Oline and Secondary I am most interested in seeing this spring.

This is more for next year in general because I already can't wait for the season to start and we have potential to have a huge year and change the national perception of Nebraska football. We have seen how Bo is trying to change his perception with him talking about his cat, which is hilarious.

On offense after watching Auburn's offense I hope we do what they do because of the speed we have and playmakers. The motion forces the defense to freeze and force a LB out of the box. We did some of this motion in the Georgia game and you could tell it worked.

QB: I think Armstrong will be great this season because Beck will tailor the offense to his skills and he will make huge improvements and I love his leadership skills, having Stanton pushing him will help too

RB: I want Abdullah to stay healthy because he can have another huge year and maybe win a Heisman if we play well as a team. Im also very excited to see what Taylor brings. We have speed with Ameer and Newby and power with Cross but from the film I've seen Taylor is the perfect combo of power and quickness.

WR: Replacing Quincy will be vital, we need a big bodied deep threat, I think Zo Moore or Monte Harrison if he makes it to campus can fill that void. we have lots of speed with Kenny, JT, Westercamp, and Im real excited to see if we can get some of our recruits involved. We are bringing in big game changers with Pierson-El, Irons, Stewart

TE: By involving our TE's more we can open up the middle of the field and could potentially be huge for our offense, I expect Cethan to have a huge year

OL: I want to see the type of depth we have. If we can bully the other teams at the line we can be good this year. On offense we will be as good as our Oline is IMO. If we can dominate the line we can just pound the ball regardless of the QB.

On Defense I hope we continue our attacking type defense and put pressure on the O to make mistakes

DT: At the end of the year we saw what VV was capable of and it seems like he is putting in a lot of work this off season and he has the potential to really disrupt other teams in the middle. Collins can also be that guy, he always ends up around the football. Him and VV could both dominate especially since other teams will have to double team one of these guys and will open up the opportunity for our front 7.

DE: Obviously Gregory is a beast. I want to see who else can step up and fill Avery Moss' spot. I think Keels could potentially be that. We need to be able to disrupt the QB and get sacks.

LB: We are very deep at LB and have a lot of talent. I love having Rose of this team, he is a flat out leader and beast. He gives up his body every play and when ever we give up a big play you see him obviously frustrated and pushes his teammates. I hope we see Love or Newby push for some PT. A huge sleeper for next year IMO is Walton, he straight up destroys people on the field and he has the right mind set to come in a play this year, I at least expect him to play on special teams.

Corner: IMO this is the indicator of how good we can be as a team. If we are able to put our corners on an island that allows us to bring a safety in the box and blitz more. We know Mitchell is a leader, and we know we don't have much depth but we have potential play makers with J.Rose, C.Jax, Boaz, and the recruits coming in. Combine the potential with our new Coach who has an aggressive mind set that wants our secondary to be game changers with picks.

Nickel: I think this deserves talk of its own because it is very important especially in Bo's defenses. We need a guy that is able to shut down fast slot receivers, needs to be physical enough to guard TE's and be able to tackle well enough because he is on the field for a LB. Gomes and Hagg were perfect in 2009. I think CJax can fill this void and maybe Cockrell or Gerry

Safety: Cooper was huge for us in the back end last year and will be again this year. Alexander is another guy who always ends up around the ball and it seems like he always has a chance for an interception every single game. If we move Gerry back to safety, which I hope we do that brings more experience to our secondary.

Special Teams: We obviously need to see a huge improvement.

Punt Return: IMO this is the reason why we lost the Iowa game. When we weren't pinned inside our 5 yard line we were able to move the ball easily. I think we could have won one or two more games last year if we had improved punt returns. We have the athletes and speed to be able to score touchdowns every game. We will have JW, JT and Newby back there and I hope not Ameer. I also expect Irons, Pierson-El, or Harrison to come in and have a huge impact. We need a complete overhaul of our return team because there was no way we could return it with 5-6 guys on the other team in our face when we caught the ball.

Kick Return: I think we were good at times but not great, when we would actually return it we would have a good return but I think with the athletes on our team we have a chance to be able to score every game. Once again I think some of the freshman we are bringing in could have a huge impact

Punt/Kick: I think we did a good job all year last year with coverage. Being a Seahawks fan it was amazing to see all year they only gave up 20 some yards of punt returns, that is dang impressive and helps with field position.

• Fire 1

I figure we aren't gonna get too much actual insight from the Spring Game, so I just hope that they can avoid any major injuries and show some good, solid fundamentals. I just want blocking, tackling, and ball security please.

But an occasional front flip into the endzone like Jamal Turner or a Jack Hoffman type moment would be okay too.

I'd like to see Stanton and Taylor have breakout spring game/practice. I still think we need someone(s) with the "IT" factor that really sets them apart as real difference makers/game changers on offense. TA hasn't shown it yet - but I realize he is was just a RSF. Maybe he can take a leap forward. We thought TM was going to be the game changer throughout his career - but his injury and turnovers blew up that idea. AA is a great running back but he cannot do it by himself. If Taylor can explode on the scene he could provide a great 1-2 punch wt AA. I'd like to see a Roger Craig, Rozier type backfield when they played together. If our O can limit turnovers and the short field they place on the D and if the O can ball control the game, our D will be just fine. I think the D is starting to come together as proven by their improvement during the last half of the season.