SIGNED - S Aaron Williams

Mavric

Aaron Williams: The defensive back from Georgia visited with his mom and both came away impressed by what they saw. Williams admitted he didn’t expect Nebraska to look so nice and to see Bo Pelini carrying a cat onto the field.

Williams is a big target for Charlton Warren and while he may not get back for Big Red Weekend. Talk of an official visit is always nice.

Best quote

“My mom loves it here,” he said. “She really loves it. To be honest Nebraska isn’t too far away. It’s a long way but it’s just a flight a way.”

After spending a lot of time with the two 2015 CB commits (Lee and Anderson), the three are talking about coming to Lincoln on officials for the Miami game.

Good stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

would we take him and Dale or first one to take the spot.

Most lists I have seen have the staff taking 2 at Safety so both technically, but most likely just 1 as it seems like Doherty is close to jumping on board.

After watching both tapes, it seems that they both play good coverage and bait the QB quite well. However, it appears that while both based on their tapes seem to be big hitters, Dale tends to wrap up more. And Doherty could play multiple positions. I would be fine with any two of them committing.

So what the tells me is I love our chances unless Georgia offers. Then not so much

Finally got around to looking it up and Georgia doesn't have any Safety commits now but they seem to be in really good shape to get in-state four-star Rashad Roundtree but not much else unless a CB or ATH is going to move to Safety. I would guess they will take a second Safety so we'll have to see who they come up with.