SIGNED - S Aaron Williams

Mavric

Got a couple more predictions for N today. We seem to be attracting some good secondary talent. With dale and Daugherty still interested we might have to tell a good safety talent no. Which is a great problem to have

Got a couple more predictions for N today. We seem to be attracting some good secondary talent. With dale and Daugherty still interested we might have to tell a good safety talent no. Which is a great problem to have

It will be hard to tell Daugherty and Dale no....for what it's worth I am seeing Williams was told he will be a candidate.

Or with Daugherty's flexibility as an athlete we could take all three. He could play S, RB, maybe even in the slot, and Nickel. Could be an option but i doubt with our tight numbers we would be able to. I bet we take Daugherty and Williams.

It will be hard to tell Daugherty and Dale no....for what it's worth I am seeing Williams was told he will be a candidate.

Candidate for what?

Candidate for what?

The firehouse.

Candidate for what?

The firehouse.

Crap, candidate for the nickel position.

Or with Daugherty's flexibility as an athlete we could take all three. He could play S, RB, maybe even in the slot, and Nickel. Could be an option but i doubt with our tight numbers we would be able to. I bet we take Daugherty and Williams.

I think this could easily happen as well. We'll be losing four DBs so taking four makes sense but it wouldn't be a stretch to take five - three safeties - if we really like them.

• 4 weeks later...

@mikejschaefer: I've spoken with OL Jackson Perry and DB Aaron Williams. Hard to imagine scenario where #Nebraska doesn't end up with both down the line...

So where do we stand with Jackson Perry?
Perry nearly committed after his visit, but it sounds like he held off so he can check out some other schools first.

@mikejschaefer: I've spoken with OL Jackson Perry and DB Aaron Williams. Hard to imagine scenario where #Nebraska doesn't end up with both down the line...

So where do we stand with Jackson Perry?

I get the impression that's probably not going to happen. Word is we're looking for one more OL and OT specifically - Jackson is a guard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Valor Christian (Colo.) cornerback Eric Lee was one of the first commitments of Nebraska’s 2015 class, and is among several members of the recruiting class who have said they plan to enroll in January at Nebraska.

Lee said Thursday he is on track to be at Nebraska in January, and has been working hard this summer to be in a position to do so. He took summer classes, including a math class in Colorado Springs — about an hour drive from his home near Denver — to take care of admission and graduation requirements. Lee lived with fellow commit Avery Anderson, and drove back and forth from Denver each day to attend workouts at Valor Christian.

Lee and his fellow defensive backs in the class are all planning to be early enrollees, and plan to sign financial aid agreements with Nebraska, which they can do beginning Aug. 1.

“I think I’m going to call (DBs coach Charlton Warren) later tonight because Avery (Anderson), Aaron (Williams) and I are supposed to be signing financial aid papers on Aug. 1,” Lee said.