Fox News, the GOP, and the loss of a generation

But you also have a plurality of independents who feel that way so the vast majority of non-affiliated people find Fox News to be the most balanced. What does this say about independents?

I'd say that probably has a fair amount to do with the fact that Fox is the most-watched news outlet. They sell their product better than their competition, and those who consume that product are more likely to view it favorably.

Specifically, this is how they sell that product. And business is, clearly, quite good.

vT4Dl3P.jpg

Dang...you almost had me wanting to go back and watch Fox again. Then.....naaaa.....I don't want my intelligence insulted.

^^^

The above montage involves Ann Coulter. 2/10 WNB!!!

But your point just goes to show how meaningless such a poll is when people are equating "fair" with "what I watch" with "I watch it because there are attractive womenz!!!"

I doubt if you would want to make love to the last three on in the montage either ......but......

Your comment leaves me scratching my head....specifically the bolded part.

Why would someone watch a news channel if they didn't think they were fair? Yes....I know they have beautiful women. But, any guy past is 20s knows that's not the reason to do everything in life.

^^^

The above montage involves Ann Coulter. 2/10 WNB!!!

But your point just goes to show how meaningless such a poll is when people are equating "fair" with "what I watch" with "I watch it because there are attractive womenz!!!"

I doubt if you would want to make love to the last three on in the montage either ......but......

Your comment leaves me scratching my head....specifically the bolded part.

Why would someone watch a news channel if they didn't think they were fair? Yes....I know they have beautiful women. But, any guy past is 20s knows that's not the reason to do everything in life.

I was basing my comment, specifically the bolded bit, off of my interpretation of Knapp's observation.

I saw this thread at work the other day and thought, ohh good it's not just me, ohh god it's not just me. There needs to be a support group for this. My father went on a diet of Fox News, Ann Coulter, Rush and Beck and Right wing talk radio a few years ago.

Other then giving my sibling and I something to laugh about because it's both absurd and the things out of his mouth are ridiculous, it's sad becasue growing up we always assumed he was too smart a man to fall for something like that.

That we were wrong was a very diappointing thing to learn about the old man.

I saw this thread at work the other day and thought, ohh good it's not just me, ohh god it's not just me. There needs to be a support group for this. My father went on a diet of Fox News, Ann Coulter, Rush and Beck and Right wing talk radio a few years ago.

Other then giving my sibling and I something to laugh about because it's both absurd and the things out of his mouth are ridiculous, it's sad becasue growing up we always assumed he was too smart a man to fall for something like that.

That we were wrong was a very diappointing thing to learn about the old man.

It's sad isn't it? There are several people whom I associate with in everyday life. People I respect and some I even care for quite a bit. Many I would call friends. We have several work trucks, we have radios in the mechanic shop, and every time I jump into a truck or head to the shop, there it is.....Rush Limbaugh or some other outrageous crap like this Scott Voorhees Douschebag. I just think "wow" maybe I need to reconsider how much I respect these people.

In a right wing line of thinking, where caring only for your own lifestyle, doing things purely to benefit yourself in a great capitalistic conquest, shoving aside your duty to your fellow man, well I just can't fall in line with that thinking. I question any man that can. It's not Gods way, yet these people claim God as their almighty.

I hear the 'damn Obama' crap all the time. Then when I interrupt and state the fact that I voted for the man twice, the conversation is immediately over. I chuckle....yet, I'm sure in the back of thir minds, they instantly question me and my moral fabric much in the same why I've said I question theirs. We always have to choose sides don't we. We can't just want to do the best thing for ourselves and each other. This country has yet to learn that when we take care of each other, we generally improve our own lives.

• Fire 2

In a right wing line of thinking, where caring only for your own lifestyle, doing things purely to benefit yourself in a great capitalistic conquest, shoving aside your duty to your fellow man, well I just can't fall in line with that thinking. I question any man that can. It's not Gods way, yet these people claim God as their almighty.

If you are talking about the current crap of extreme right wing idiots, then I can somewhat agree with this.

However, if you are simply talking about conservative people in general, then I don't. I know one heck of a lot of conservative people who care deeply for their "fellow man" and they do a ton of work for people who need it. They donate to charities and personally give their time to help people out. They simply don't believe government is the place for much of that to happen.

Now, we can argue the last sentence there till the cows come home. But, to simply say that conservative people don't care about their fellow man or have duty towards their fellow man is simply not correct.

If that's not what you meant then disregard my comment.

• Fire 1

Of course. My point is that while I understand that your average GOP voter isn't batsh#t crazy, at some point you can only distance them so far from their elected representatives because, well, they voted for them. There's a bit of culpability there that has to be recognized.

Just because someone votes differently than you it doesn't mean they are bad selfish people.

This is something I had to learn myself. That view point is a major part of what is wrong with American politics.

Just because two people disagree with how government works, it doesn't mean one is a good person and one is a bad person.

I didn't say any of that. I'm saying that if Republicans are trying to distance themselves from their Congressmen and Senators and Governors etc etc, then perhaps it's time to take a look at who you're actually voting for.

• Fire 1