Fox News, the GOP, and the loss of a generation

You would think that the opposite stance should be taken. Why not encourage young people to vote now and let them see the errors in their ways as they get older?

Because if you elect the wrong people you may not have time to recover in your lifetime.....Doh!! To Late!

I know, right? We may never recover from George W.

• Fire 3

You would think that the opposite stance should be taken. Why not encourage young people to vote now and let them see the errors in their ways as they get older?

Because if you elect the wrong people you may not have time to recover in your lifetime.....Doh!! To Late!

I want that vote back. :hmmph

• Fire 1

But don't you remember the $300 checks he sent out to everyone? I mean, he saved us all from poverty!

You and me both, brother. Chalk that one up to being young and naive, I guess.

• Fire 1

You and me both, brother. Chalk that one up to being young and naive, I guess.

Exactly my point.

W was a better choice than Gore. I'll stick by that vote to this day.

Same with Obama. A cantaloupe with a little stick-on mustache would have been a better choice than either McCain (one heartbeat from disaster!) or Romney. Since the inception of the Tea Party the Republicans have been very scary. I'll vote Republican in local elections if they're the better candidate, but it would have to be a pretty icky choice to make me not vote Democrat/Independent on a national level.

I honestly can't remember who the Democrat was in 2004, but I did cast a symbolic, hopeless vote for him instead of W. because I was so pissed off about the Iraq invasion. With trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives wasted, I'll stand by that vote, too.

Same with Obama. A cantaloupe with a little stick-on mustache would have been a better choice than either McCain (one heartbeat from disaster!) or Romney. Since the inception of the Tea Party the Republicans have been very scary. I'll vote Republican in local elections if they're the better candidate, but it would have to be a pretty icky choice to make me not vote Democrat/Independent on a national level.

I honestly can't remember who the Democrat was in 2004, but I did cast a symbolic, hopeless vote for him instead of W. because I was so pissed off about the Iraq invasion. With trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives wasted, I'll stand by that vote, too.

Why do you think that W was a better choice than Gore? (Honest question, I did not follow politics at all at the time and so I really only know Gore because of him being mocked for his climate change video and inventing the internet.)

John Kerry. Yea. I didn't exactly feel good about voting for Kerry in 2004. But I sure as hell wasn't voting W again.

Gore was a stuffed shirt, and however right he may be on Climate Change, I did not see him as a leader. Not that Bush 2.0 was much better, but he was better than Gore.

Looking back on it, with a "if I knew then what I know now," I definitely would not have voted for W. But at the time, Gore being the willing accomplice to the shenanigans of the Clinton Era, having no policies that convinced me that he would reverse Clinton's (as it turns out) disastrous dismantling of our spy network in the post Cold War era, I could not see him as a step forward. I thought he got the nomination solely because he was the Veep, and I didn't think that qualified him to be president. I still don't think that - although I do think W. turned out to be one of the worst presidents in American history.

• Fire 1

Gore was a stuffed shirt, and however right he may be on Climate Change, I did not see him as a leader. Not that Bush 2.0 was much better, but he was better than Gore.

Looking back on it, with a "if I knew then what I know now," I definitely would not have voted for W. But at the time, Gore being the willing accomplice to the shenanigans of the Clinton Era, having no policies that convinced me that he would reverse Clinton's (as it turns out) disastrous dismantling of our spy network in the post Cold War era, I could not see him as a step forward. I thought he got the nomination solely because he was the Veep, and I didn't think that qualified him to be president. I still don't think that - although I do think W. turned out to be one of the worst presidents in American history.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Wow, even for your habitual rhetoric, that is quite a statement.