The Perfect Conference

The Perfect Conference  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Something I often wonder about seeing as it's the offseason and we could all use a break from the optimism/negativity charade, is what would be the ideal conference if you the fan could arrange it however you wanted? How many teams? Who would the teams be?

Would you make it an easily winnable conference or would you make it more dominant than the SEC?

Nebraska is not a choice on any of the polls because it is implied that the Huskers would be in the conference of your dreams. This place is called HUSKER-Board after all. Have at it!

• Fire 1

I think 12 will always be the sweet spot for ideal conference numbers - it's a shame this won't last much longer.

I don't know what would actually be awesome in real life, but here's my playful answer:

Ultra Mega Conference

Terrorists Division

Texas

Miami

Missouri

Wisconsin

Colorado

K-State

Good Guys Division

Michigan

Michigan State

Virginia Tech

Florida State

Oklahoma

Iowa State

We've got some hated awful piss-poor fanbase schools, some respected classy tough-matchup schools, some old history, some punchingbag schools that can still occasionally do pretty decent, and some closeby road trips.

I went with 16. I like the 4-4 team pods. You play your 3 pod teams plus 2 from each of the other pods. Plus 3 non-cons

I don't hate that idea . . . I mean, I'm at least trying to embrace it since it seems inevitable. But we have to come up with a better name than "pod".

I'm with you. How about cluster? As in this is going to be a clusterf$&ck when it all shakes out.

• Fire 1

I went with 16. I like the 4-4 team pods. You play your 3 pod teams plus 2 from each of the other pods. Plus 3 non-cons

I don't hate that idea . . . I mean, I'm at least trying to embrace it since it seems inevitable. But we have to come up with a better name than "pod".

Quartet?

Quartet?

Ensemble?

I'm with you. How about cluster? As in this is going to be a clusterf$&ck when it all shakes out.

fwiw, I don't think that it would be a cluster. It makes better sense than what we do now in terms of rotations from the other division. At least you would play everyone in the conference 2 times out of 4 years.

I voted for 12 teams. Cause I feel that set up with a conference championship game is the best way to go. I went with pure power that would generate the best viewers for tv's. Plus be some high marque matchups every week other than out of conference games.

North

Nebraska

Ohio State

Michigan

Penn State

Oklahoma

Texas

South

Alabama

Auburn

Georgia

Tennessee

Florida State

LSU

• Fire 1

fwiw, I don't think that it would be a cluster. It makes better sense than what we do now in terms of rotations from the other division. At least you would play everyone in the conference 2 times out of 4 years.

Not that I disagree, but how do you determine who plays in the CCG? A series of tiebreakers?