McKewon on Husker Offense

When he was talking about how Baylor runs the diamond formation four plays in a row and you won't see Nebraska do the diamond formation more than twice in a row. IMO if something is working we shouldn't go away from it, Why fix whats not broken?

I was very impressed with watching Auburn last year. I think I heard they ran the same three plays which accounted for 85% of their offense but they would show the three plays in multiple formations and motions. As we saw in the Gator bowl we started to run an offense very similar to theirs. However, Tim Beck can be a very creative guy and I'm sure he will take what Auburn does and put his own spin on it. Now, we could see his version of their offense and he could "ruin" it. I just hope we limit turnovers this year.

Sounds good. I'm excited to watch someone other than Martinez for an entire season . . . Martinez was absolutely electric at times but he was probably the most frustrating player in my time as a Husker fan.

Which Husker QB's of the last decade or so weren't frustrating? Just Ganz and Taylor IMO.

Those two were frustrating to watch at times when their costly turnovers, I still remember Ganz throwing the interception against Texas Tech :(

Sounds good. I'm excited to watch someone other than Martinez for an entire season . . . Martinez was absolutely electric at times but he was probably the most frustrating player in my time as a Husker fan.

Which Husker QB's of the last decade or so weren't frustrating? Just Ganz and Taylor IMO.

Those two were frustrating to watch at times when their costly turnovers, I still remember Ganz throwing the interception against Texas Tech :(

That's my point - from a fan perspective most of the QB's have been frustrating. Maybe even all of them.

When Bo took over, the offense was fair but the D was about as poor as possible. As the D started to improve the O went downhill quickly. Last year should have been better with talent on both sides of the ball, at least on paper, but injuries quickly stomped that idea. It appears Bo has seen other teams take a faster track to success by simplifying the O and bring a nasty D to the party and now wants to emulate that idea. To me it sounds about like TO's theory of football. Run the ball and throw when they stack the line. Keep the other team from running the ball and make them one dimensional. Be physical on both sides of the ball and make the opponent submit in the 4th quarter.

When Bo took over, the offense was fair but the D was about as poor as possible. As the D started to improve the O went downhill quickly. Last year should have been better with talent on both sides of the ball, at least on paper, but injuries quickly stomped that idea. It appears Bo has seen other teams take a faster track to success by simplifying the O and bring a nasty D to the party and now wants to emulate that idea. To me it sounds about like TO's theory of football. Run the ball and throw when they stack the line. Keep the other team from running the ball and make them one dimensional. Be physical on both sides of the ball and make the opponent submit in the 4th quarter.

I can't really agree with your assessment. Sure the 2009 offense couldn't score, but 2010-today our offense has been impressive as hell. Say what you want about last year, but our "issues" with the offense were injuries and not coaching.

Now that our defense is starting to perform at close to 2008-2009 levels, if our offense stays healthy and Armstrong/Stanton can be the QB we hope they are... this might be a fun year.

I can't really agree with your assessment. Sure the 2009 offense couldn't score, but 2010-today our offense has been impressive as hell. Say what you want about last year, but our "issues" with the offense were injuries and not coaching.

Now that our defense is starting to perform at close to 2008-2009 levels, if our offense stays healthy and Armstrong/Stanton can be the QB we hope they are... this might be a fun year.

The amount of revisionist history with our offense is extraordinary. Like it really is just bizarre the things that people choose to remember and forget considering our offense since 2008. Things such as Zac Taylor's torn elbow, the intentional shutting down in 2009, how unbelievably explosive we were in 2010 and how everyone thought Shawn Watson was a genius 8 games in and then thought he was the worst coordinator in history without a clue at the end of the season because apparently our offense was actually really awful?

It's just weird.

That's my point - from a fan perspective most of the QB's have been frustrating. Maybe even all of them.

for me Taylor was pretty frustrating because he never could quite get back to that elusiveness he showed as a freshman. I had really high hopes for him considering he had the potential to start 4 solid years. he never made the leap I expected. injury kept him for being what he could have been - which was the frustrating part.

Taylor was frustrating because he had such incredible athleticism and seemed to be lacking the ability to put it together with the mental side. From a physical standpoint he had incredible potential. That's what makes him more disappointing to me than someone like Zac Lee.

• Fire 1

Taylor was frustrating because he had such incredible athleticism and seemed to be lacking the ability to put it together with the mental side. From a physical standpoint he had incredible potential. That's what makes him more disappointing to me than someone like Zac Lee.

Couldn't agree more

The amount of revisionist history with our offense is extraordinary. Like it really is just bizarre the things that people choose to remember and forget considering our offense since 2008. Things such as Zac Taylor's torn elbow, the intentional shutting down in 2009, how unbelievably explosive we were in 2010 and how everyone thought Shawn Watson was a genius 8 games in and then thought he was the worst coordinator in history without a clue at the end of the season because apparently our offense was actually really awful?

It's just weird.

Zac Lee, yes?

It's just weird.

Wats was under tremendous fire the entire 2010 season. I know, because I unfortunately threw who knows how many hours down the drain defending him every week.

Time really affects perceptions.

Also, carl, by Taylor he meant Zac and polo, by Zac he meant Lee.