NU football vs NU basketball

NU football vs NU basketball  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I skipped football my junior season to get ready for basketball. Because I like playing basketball more.

Thats fine. Then say that. I just don't like kids citing getting hurt as a possibility...even if its true. It just screams being scared to me...I mean you could tear your ACL in basketball too. The excuse itself doesn't make sense to me. If someone likes it more and wants to spend more time prepping for it thats perfectly fine.

Maybe since they like basketball more, they would prefer the risk of tearing an ACL playing that sport instead of during one they like less.

The point is that you made an unfounded and inappropriate comment about basketball and HS kids that prefer to play basketball over football for whatever their reason and you are now trying to qualify it and failing miserably.

Failing? that's your opinion. Not mine. I wouldn't have stated it if I thought it was misguided.

As for Landlord.

I understand my argument is odd, no doubt. I will admit that most of it is irrational and probably emotional given the fact that I'm a wrestling guy at heart too. Most of my angst toward the sport is that I view the tougher and more physical sports to be football and wrestling. I don't like how the wrestling community is force fed the sport of basketball (honestly, i'm a closet basketball guy, during meaningful times of the season), and the basketball community gets a pass for calling wrestlers gay...etc...

this turned into something completely separate form original topic

I skipped football my junior season to get ready for basketball. Because I like playing basketball more.

Thats fine. Then say that. I just don't like kids citing getting hurt as a possibility...even if its true. It just screams being scared to me...I mean you could tear your ACL in basketball too. The excuse itself doesn't make sense to me. If someone likes it more and wants to spend more time prepping for it thats perfectly fine.

Maybe since they like basketball more, they would prefer the risk of tearing an ACL playing that sport instead of during one they like less.

The point is that you made an unfounded and inappropriate comment about basketball and HS kids that prefer to play basketball over football for whatever their reason and you are now trying to qualify it and failing miserably.

Failing? that's your opinion. Not mine. I wouldn't have stated it if I thought it was misguided.

I assume you are an adult. And you are calling HS kids pussies for playing basketball over football. I think you went well past misguided

No, more money is made in football plus I wouldn't want to spend every Saturday watching this team lose

This. Football is and will always have to be the money maker for NU athletics. I love to see our other sports succeed and I'm having a blast watching the basketball team right now, but I think we need to be realistic. This athletic program would be a mere shadow of itself now without the money coming in from football.

Failing in football hurts and is not worth having a poor season in exchange for a great one elsewhere.

How bout instead of saying 'giving up' need to word it differently. If the basketball team continues to improve over the years and start going to the tourney and if Bo doesn't improve i would think there would be questions about why the football team can't achieve the same success.

How bout instead of saying 'giving up' need to word it differently. If the basketball team continues to improve over the years and start going to the tourney and if Bo doesn't improve i would think there would be questions about why the football team can't achieve the same success.

Just stop

lol.

Absolutely, I would.

NU Basketball has always been a joke of a program. For them to vault into the Elite 8, with a crack at the Final Four, would be a HUGE deal. For NU Basketball, the Athletic Department, everybody.

A losing season in football? We've been through those. They're down years. Is it that disastrous or different for either the football program or the athletic department to have another one, as opposed to another borderline Top-25, 4-loss finish, the kind anywhere from 20 to 40 schools in the country do every year? No. A different question would be trading a BCS bowl for a Final Four finish...and that one, I'd lean back to football, because I'd be more likely to watch it, but both sound good to me :P

• 2 weeks later...