Jamal Turner QB "experiment"

I just find it hilarious that there's actually spec and a meltdown over thoughts that Turner's gonna come in and take the job away from a 3rd year guy with a year's of experience and another that was an elite 11 prospect. It's gonna be a situational thing. A wrinkle like was said before. And I'll bet the farm that the majority of Turner's snaps this year remain from the WR position.

And that's what I projected. And a 'situational thing' is fine. But why waste your time doing it in the Spring?! You've got two QB's, one with less than half a season of game experience, one coming off a redshirt that needs all the experience he can get, and you're doing this?! And he's getting the majority of the reps? This just isn't making a whole lot of sense unless Armstrong and Stanton aren't very good. Because if you're really going to plug JT into a QB position, you just lost an experienced WR.

It's not about something fresh. It's about how this is quickly going to transpire into a conversation on how Bo doesnt know what he's doing, or switches guys positions too much, or we have no one to develop qb's from a coach standpoint so we need to hire one since we have a WR taking the spot of two highly touted guys, or how Bo doesnt know anything about anything, all in 3 2 ............

do you not think it would be a good idea to have a coach dedicated to the qb position?

Turner is a hell of an athlete. His career has been ..........meh. I'm sure he'll really make a splash as a WR/QB/PR/KR this year though.

he has been a huge disappointment. i remember his spring game a few years ago and how he was all the rage, he caught 13 passes for 103 yards last season, big whoop.

this is a total waste of time and a Pelini wet dream....why not develop Stanton and hone Tommie's skills, instead of playing games? Bo needs to stick to the basics.

It's not about something fresh. It's about how this is quickly going to transpire into a conversation on how Bo doesnt know what he's doing, or switches guys positions too much, or we have no one to develop qb's from a coach standpoint so we need to hire one since we have a WR taking the spot of two highly touted guys, or how Bo doesnt know anything about anything, all in 3 2 ............

do you not think it would be a good idea to have a coach dedicated to the qb position?

Do i think it would be a good idea? Yes.

Is it doable? Or more importantly, is it needed? I dont think so. We're limited in number of coaches as it is, and what would a qb coach bring to the position more than the OC, who's working with the qb most of the time as it is during limited practice time. Most college qb's are getting their technique and fundamentals training handled elsewhere anyway. The limited practice time is used for the mental x's and o's and developing the chemistry with teammates. We're not nearly out of place for not having a designated qb coach. We're actually in the norm.

Up until Turner Gill came into coach QBs in 91 or 92 guess who was the QB coach at Nebraska? Good ole TO, nobody worried or thought it was odd that they didn't have a coach dedicated solely to QB play at that time. Having the OC also coach QB is so very common I don't understand why anyone questions this?

Up until Turner Gill came into coach QBs in 91 or 92 guess who was the QB coach at Nebraska? Good ole TO, nobody worried or thought it was odd that they didn't have a coach dedicated solely to QB play at that time. Having the OC also coach QB is so very common I don't understand why anyone questions this?

what makes you think TO actually coached up the QB's?

Turner is a hell of an athlete. His career has been ..........meh. I'm sure he'll really make a splash as a WR/QB/PR/KR this year though.

he has been a huge disappointment. i remember his spring game a few years ago and how he was all the rage, he caught 13 passes for 103 yards last season, big whoop.

this is a total waste of time and a Pelini wet dream....why not develop Stanton and hone Tommie's skills, instead of playing games? Bo needs to stick to the basics.

Turner was hurt almost the entire year.