Coach Pelini Extension

Hopefully this year Bo brings us a Conference Championship, if he does I would be fine with another extension of say 3 years, making his total 8. When you get to 10+ years you end up in the Iowa situation.

Hopefully this year Bo brings us a Conference Championship, if he does I would be fine with another extension of say 3 years, making his total 8. When you get to 10+ years you end up in the Iowa situation.

Yeah. That Iowa situation. it's so horrible. *cough cough 38-17 cough cough*

But in all seriousness, I have a hard time after last november talking much sh#t about Iowa football. They came off a really poor year as a laughing stock and put together a solid year, and ended by marching into Lincoln and putting a hammer down on a battered and mentally used up Nebraska team, in their own house.

But in all seriousness, I have a hard time after last november talking much sh#t about Iowa football.

Woah. Have some pride, man! :D

LOL.

Yeah, sometimes I just cant help but look at facts and think, "what have we done in our time in the Big ten to be able to rightfully poke the stick at Iowa football?".

Then I step back, take a deep breath, focus, and read.....

I-O-W-A.

I laugh. Then carry on. All is well. Win or lose.

The extension was needed but it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. I'd guess that if HP is still here at the end of next season without announcing his retirement Bo is gone unless something changes. If he comes up 8-5 he'll be shown the door. If he runs 10-2 he'll move on to a different gig. I know he wants to be at NU but neither he nor Miles were part of HP's plans going into last fall and these seasons were suppose to be deal breakers for both of them. One had help from outside influences to stay and the other one put together a dream season.

• Fire 3
The extension was needed but it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. I'd guess that if HP is still here at the end of next season without announcing his retirement Bo is gone unless something changes. If he comes up 8-5 he'll be shown the door. If he runs 10-2 he'll move on to a different gig. I know he wants to be at NU but neither he nor Miles were part of HP's plans going into last fall and these seasons were suppose to be deal breakers for both of them. One had help from outside influences to stay and the other one put together a dream season.

Let's just hope that the regents come to their senses and force Harv to retire before he screws us more than he already has.

I guess history is bound to repeat itself, #2004-2007.

the extension was totally unwarranted.......Bo did nothing to earn another year, except tell them he could care less if they fired him...nice reward for being an asshat!

Indeed. Very few people get rewarded for the type of performance Bo exhibited --- most, in fact, are shown the door. Hard to understand why NU is doing this.

Let's just hope that the regents come to their senses and force Harv to retire before he screws us more than he already has.

I guess history is bound to repeat itself, #2004-2007.

You do know other scenarios exist where a football coach is replaced and the search isn't completely bungled, yes? There tons of evidence supporting this fact at universities everywhere. It isn't like Nebraska is going to rehire Steve Pederson to spearhead the firing of about and searching for his replacement.

Doesn't matter, as was pointed out earlier, the national perception of this program is linked to 2004, not 1997.

We'd be lucky to find a crapahan if Bo were shown the door after another #9wins. And it would kill what is shaping up to be the best recruiting class we've had in years.

That is absolutely false. The media went nuts when NU fired Solich, they were amazed when they didn't fire Bo.

The media went nuts, but the fan base was split 50/50. Nobody was amazed that Bo didn't get fired. It was easily 50/50 at best both from the fans and media after the Iowa game.