Gobble Gobble

T-minus six days...

iuDBbyx.jpg

What part of the state are you hunting? In the SE where I hunt, numbers are extremely low.

A Friend keeps telling me I can hunt her family's place north of Omaha, but that hasn't worked out well.

I will be hunting Sarpy County.

T-minus six days...

iuDBbyx.jpg

What part of the state are you hunting? In the SE where I hunt, numbers are extremely low.

A Friend keeps telling me I can hunt her family's place north of Omaha, but that hasn't worked out well.

I will be hunting Sarpy County.

Cool. I kinda had a spot in Sarpy that probably holds some birds, but I haven't hunted it in about 10 years. I'd prefer having a shorter drive, the hour and a half drive I take is cool, but it sucks to do every weekend, especially when you get home at 11pm. Oh, and lets not forget the rattlesnakes. .....

What kind of call does everyone use?

I have a box call that works, but I'm wary of movement. Tried a diaphragm call, but i haven't got the hang of it yet. Just bought the thunderstorm 4 pack from bass pro, hope they're here by opening day. They are mouth calls that look like duck calls. Guess we'll see.

I may have too look into buying a crossbow so that i can hunt that season, too. I don't have much interest in bow hunting otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...