GT: B1G Tournament - #24 Ohio State vs Nebraska - 1:30PM - ESPN

It's a bad loss. If you're up 18, you should never lose. But this is a team who hasn't been in the situation before. When we make the tournament, this will serve us well; it's a great lesson for a still growing team.

Watched the game with my Dad yesterday, and that's pretty much what I said to him. This team is young and will learn from this, and will find a way to win in the postseason from it.

As for making the tourney, most upset possibilities are past at this point to bump us out. All bracketologists that I followed basically stated at the beginning of the week that the only thing that could keep Nebraska out would be a loss to Purdue in the quarterfinal and when Ohio State won, I really wasn't concerned about making the NCAA tournament, but where our seed would be. Still not concerned about making it. Only if we'll have to play on Tuesday. Perk up Nebrasketball fans! We'll be dancing this year!

Craft should've been called for fouling there........hope Benny is okay. GET FIRED UP HUSKERS!

There are two sets of rules - one for Craft and one for everyone else on the floor. That punk never gets called for a foul, and he must be a drama major with the way he draws fouls. Why do the refs love on him so much?

Craft should've been called for fouling there........hope Benny is okay. GET FIRED UP HUSKERS!

There are two sets of rules - one for Craft and one for everyone else on the floor. That punk never gets called for a foul, and he must be a drama major with the way he draws fouls. Why do the refs love on him so much?

Agreed. I actually like Craft for his hustle and determined defensive play, but come on-- there was a definite double standard there yesterday.

Not making excuses-- we were inexperienced, straight up, and p***ed th game away-- but it was ridiculous how much contact Craft gets away with.

ESPECIALLY when you compare it to some of the ticky-tack crap they were whistling us for on the other end. IIIRC, the foul that sent Petteway out of the game was real questionable. DIdn't see a good replay.

The zebras blew a LOT of calls yesterday.

Agreed. I actually like Craft for his hustle and determined defensive play, but come on-- there was a definite double standard there yesterday.

Not making excuses-- we were inexperienced, straight up, and p***ed th game away-- but it was ridiculous how much contact Craft gets away with.

ESPECIALLY when you compare it to some of the ticky-tack crap they were whistling us for on the other end. IIIRC, the foul that sent Petteway out of the game was real questionable. DIdn't see a good replay.

The zebras blew a LOT of calls yesterday.

I am sure Craft would piss me off if he didn't play for OSU, but I have been watching him since his freshman year in HS and it was always enjoyable to watch the kid play. It didn't matter what sport the kid was playing, he was a pest to the other team.

With regards to the refs:

If you're going to let Ohio State play physical, you can't call touch fouls on Nebraska. That's where much of the angst is coming from; because they were calling touch fouls on Nebraska while letting the Buckeyes get away with a lot of physicality.

Once Nebraska got into foul trouble it was going to become difficult to hold that 18 point lead.

Here's the thing though...this game was a 4 point game. Two possessions in the 2nd half, Nebraska inbounded the ball directly to Ohio State for 4 points. Without those, perhaps we aren't complaining about the referees.

Funny how both teams always think the refs are screwing their team:

Refs not giving OSU anything--ticky-tack on Craft to go into the under 8 TO, and Petteway flat chucked Amir in the side as he was shooting that layup but it went uncalled.
Haven't been watching long, and only caught second half yesterday. But We stand no chance if we can't make bunnies, and they don't call us getting mugged under the net.
I'm not saying it's the refs, I'm just saying they aren't helping things by not calling arm slaps when the ball does manage to get inside.
Not a charge...f#*k the refs, we pull back within range and they screw us
And here comes the refs....just wow 2 bad calls

Does it make anyone feel even a tiny bit better that the Michigan/Ohio St game was almost an exact replica of Huskers/Ohio St yesterday?

We were up 18; Michigan up 16. Ohio St comes back by pressing, denying inbound plays and offensive rebounds. UNCANNY.

And, given that Michigan has demonstrably better players than us.................maybe we didn't completely blow it based on Nebraska history, youth, coaching, calls, etc.

Final score almost exactly the same as well...............except Craft MADE the plays against us in the last 2 minutes and failed to do so vs. Michigan.

Not saying the sting is gone, but it proves Ohio St had SOMETHING to do with our meltdown.

• Fire 2