The history of morality of abortion

And, if it's his.....can we take his left nut?

No . . . but he can be forced to pay to help raise the child.

And, I have employed enough people and dealt with pay roll garnishments to know there are ways for slime balls to get out of that.

I never said that it was perfect. Just saying that the mechanism that you want already exists.

And, my original point was that I assumed there was some type of mechanism but it needs to be improved giving the woman more power to get what she needs from the low life scum that fathered her child. That is why I used the word "more" in my original post on this topic.

You cannot get blood from a turnip.

Or parenting skills from said low life scum that doesn't want anything to do with either the woman or the child. His point of view may be that "she should have used protection or gotten an abortion". Why take personal responsibility for said baby. Not his problem. Callously, he got his.

Or parenting skills from said low life scum that doesn't want anything to do with either the woman or the child. His point of view may be that "she should have used protection or gotten an abortion". Why take personal responsibility for said baby. Not his problem. Callously, he got his.

And, my original point was that I assumed there was some type of mechanism but it needs to be improved giving the woman more power to get what she needs from the low life scum that fathered her child. That is why I used the word "more" in my original post on this topic.

You cannot get blood from a turnip.

So....

Where do you guys think the cycle that leads to this thing begins? Or if you don't think there is a set place that it starts, what's the biggest contributing factor?

Where do you guys think the cycle that leads to this thing begins? Or if you don't think there is a set place that it starts, what's the biggest contributing factor?

I have no idea. I think that there have always been deadbeats and that there probably always will be deadbeats. Are there more today than in the past? I don't know.

I have no idea. I think that there have always been deadbeats and that there probably always will be deadbeats. Are there more today than in the past? I don't know.

Well the numbers of single-parent homes continues to get higher and higher.

I won't say for certain, but I think that's where it starts. Even if the absent parent helps out with child support, I think that (from personal experience and from observing and learning from people) there are serious consequences and scars on any kid that only grows up with one parent.

Which shouldn't be confused with my use of "deadbeats."

I won't say for certain, but I think that's where it starts. Even if the absent parent helps out with child support, I think that (from personal experience and from observing and learning from people) there are serious consequences and scars on any kid that only grows up with one parent.

But "single-parent home" doesn't mean that the kid is necessarily raised by only one parent.

And if we're tying this back to abortion, the abortion rate doesn't show much correlation with single parent homes. The abortion rate, if I recall correctly, has been steadily declining since it peaked in the early 1980s.

But "single-parent home" doesn't mean that the kid is necessarily raised by only one parent.

And if we're tying this back to abortion, the abortion rate doesn't show much correlation with single parent homes. The abortion rate, if I recall correctly, has been steadily declining since it peaked in the early 1980s.

If anything, the inverse correlation would indicate that we need more abortions, and we'd end up with fewer deadbeats.

I know individually there are lots of kids that are raised by one parent or in single parent homes that grow up very successful.

But, I have seen a lot of studies over the years say that kids that grow up with only one parent are more likely to have issues of various kinds down the road such as drinking, drug use...etc. I was assume unwanted pregnancies would fall into that same situation also.

I'm interested in seeing a current study on this.

I think the abortion question comes down to something that has little to do with morality and more to do with the preservation of rights for all human beings.

In order for abortion to be practiced, there must be regulations of when an abortion can be performed and when it can't. In the end, politicians end up making a determination about when life begins. In the ideal world, these representatives would engage in thoughtful discussion and make decisions based on sound reasoning. In the real world, representatives of our government are often controlled by special interest groups. And those special interest groups are often times corrupt and not about to look out for anyone but themselves.

Remember that the government of the United States is not immune from making horrible decisions that lead to abuse of human rights. We can talk about what the government did to the native people of the current United States. But you don't need to go back that far. Look at the patriot act. Look at the drone questions. Government that holds the power to decide who is alive and who is not alive is not a good idea.

SO we should tread VERY carefully and make sure that terms are defined in such a way that they can't come back to haunt us later.

Contraception that prevents zygote attachment is probably best since this happens on natural occurrence anyway. A lot of pregnancies end when the zygote does not attach.

After the zygote attaches, however, and a baby begins to develop, we need to make sure the terms for why that should be interrupted involve medical complications, rape or incest. We need to have contraception available to couples so that unwanted pregnancies are avoided. But abortion as contraception should be avoided if at all possible, maybe even outlawed altogether.