QB/DB Latravis Washington

if he does add 10-20 lbs and keeps his speed he will still be a good QB prospect

I am one that still wants to give him a shot at QB if/when he gets to lincoln even though we are recruiting him at safety...I just got a feeling, that him having Fabian's blood he will be electrifying and could be one bad mofo as a mobile QB...

with the poor success of recruiting qbs, he would have a great shot at playing. not enough speed to play safety.

• 1 month later...

Scholarships offered: Auburn, LSU, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska, Colorado, Ohio St., North Carolina, Michigan St.

Favorites: Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Washington threw for 600 yards and 4 touchdowns and rushed for 800 yards and 9 scores

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 35%

• 3 weeks later...

That is an impressive tape.  A man among boys.

Makes me want him as a QB even more.

He does look pretty fast compared to everyone else on the field. Hope we don't lose out on him if we don't recruit him as a QB.

From what I've read, that's not a deal-breaker for him. He seems willing to play anywhere.

I'm just intrigued by the idea of him getting a couple of years of tutelage under BC and Norvell, as well as a couple of years in our strength program.

Now, nobody compares to Vince Young, but he could be a pretty decent imitation...

pretty impressive, but i wouldnt say vince young'ish. He seems like a great athlete, I loved how when he was running he just seemed to run through other people like a hot knife through butter. I want to give the kid a chance to play QB for us, but i always hate wasting a project year. then finding out he needs to be at a different position, ala Leon Jackson. Of course it works both ways though.

Good video!

hello, on his highlight video, he seems to like to throw the 10 yrd hook w/ regularity - I wish that the video would show him hitting his wr's in stride, rather then when they are stationary targets, yet his ability to run w/ quickness & some force are traits that will/should be greatly utilized at the safety position

p.s. his qb camp at NU was good, yet his prospects at another position may be fabulous!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its between us and Ohio State, it appears.

We are recruiting him as a strong safety, which he says he prefers, while OSU is recruiting him as a a QB (looking for another Troy Smith?).

He does say that we are at the top of the list, and that Lincoln "feels like home".

I think we are going to get this guy. Imagine in a couple of years, after he puts on 15 lbs or so AND improves his speed - SICK.