QB/DB Latravis Washington

I really have to question the validity of all the recruits running 4.4 and 4.5 40's. Then you look at times from the NFL combines and far less run that speed.

For sure, there all ballooned. Some are legit, but you want to try and find numbers that were taken at camps. You'll see many times the kids are running 4.75's and 4.68's when they were telling everyone 4.4...

Certainly take all 40 times with a grain of salt.

I really have to question the validity of all the recruits running 4.4 and 4.5 40's. Then you look at times from the NFL combines and far less run that speed.

For sure, there all ballooned. Some are legit, but you want to try and find numbers that were taken at camps. You'll see many times the kids are running 4.75's and 4.68's when they were telling everyone 4.4...

Certainly take all 40 times with a grain of salt.

I agree, they may have ran a 4.4 once in their live, on a downhill track with a 20 mph tailwind. I'm not looking for what they did once in their life, I want to see consistency. If the recruit runs a consistent 4.65 then so be it. 40 times don't really mean crap, but I don't like seeing an inflated time either.

Just a matter of time for Washington?

By Rick Shaw, HuskersIllustrated.com Staff Writer – Rivals.com

Latravis Washington isn't quite ready to finalize his college decision. But, for the 6-foot-3, 210-pound quarterback/safety prospect out of Bradenton (Fla.) Bayshore, one team will be awfully hard to beat. The blue-chipper from the Sunshine State recently scheduled his first visit of the recruiting process. Which school will be first to host him on campus?

"I'm going up to Nebraska for their game against Missouri the first weekend of November (11/3)," Washington said. "That will be my first official visit and that's the only one I have set in stone right now."

"I traveled to Florida A&M this past weekend on an unofficial visit. I have some friends there that I wanted to go visit, so it was just kind of a chance to get away."

ADVERTISEMENT

Though Washington holds scholarship offers from a number of colleges from across the nation, the University of Nebraska still sits alone, atop his leader board.

"Nebraska is, of course, still recruiting me hard," Washington said. "In fact, I just was talking to coach (Phil) Elmassian last night. Ohio State hasn't been talking to me as much lately but I have been getting a lot of attention from West Virginia, Louisville, North Carolina State, Auburn, Alabama and Illinois. All of those schools have offered me."

From the quarterback position, Washington has thrown for around 360 yards and four touchdowns this fall. He's also run for another 260 yards and three scores, despite missing an entire game with an ankle injury.

Despite his success as a quarterback, however, Washington said he believes his ultimate future is on the other side of the ball.

"I have three interceptions as a part time safety this fall," Washington said. "When I think about the future, I see myself as a strong safety."

"Quarterback is the most fun position...it is...but I want to be one of the greats. I've got goals for college and after college."

When asked to name his top schools, Washington said that Ohio State and West Virginia are right behind the Huskers. Both of those schools are recruiting the Florida gunslinger for his abilities as a quarterback, whereas Nebraska projects him to play on defense.

• 3 weeks later...