Trust in your state

Interesting. I don't think this data is a measure of state government quality. I think it's more reflective of different cultural attitudes in different parts of the country.

niqwtculf0-ddh4rhxpa8w.png

vg5idqaxc02lcowpwgttvw.png

I wonder what the 'trust in federal government' data looks like! That'd be cool to match up to this.

One big thing Nebraska has is relative fiscal responsibility. That is the biggest step of all in trusting government.

Not to say that is everything, but it definetly helps.

Yeah, that and your last two governors aren't in prison like our fine Illinois politicians. In fact, 4 of our last 7 Illinois governors served prison time. That's got to be some sort of record. :facepalm:

Nebraska has lost a lot of respect from me at the state level by blatantly throwing its citizens under the bus, refusing to enact the Medicaid expansion for literally no reason other than stupidly rejecting Obamacare

• Fire 2

Nebraska has lost a lot of respect from me at the state level by blatantly throwing its citizens under the bus, refusing to enact the Medicaid expansion for literally no reason other than stupidly rejecting Obamacare

This was the #1 thing on my mind when viewing this thread. I calculated once (very roughly) that at most the average cost per Nebraskan would have been a whopping $10/year. And that average included payments from the wealthy so your middle income person probably would have paid around $1/year. It was a completely inexcusable political move.

That one really irritates me. I know people who are in the 'gap' where they don't qualify for subsidies, as they made too little money, and the ACA intended them to be able to get picked up by Medicaid. So, no healthcare as the base costs on plans are more per month(about 3x in the case I know the most about) than what the penalty tax will be. And now the same clowns who are proud of this action, are again proud by blocking the expansion of sexual orientation to the anti-discrimination laws.

Don't think anyone has ever said that. But, we do have a pretty good system in place in Nebraska.

My statement was based on general results and skewed towards the fiscal side. The state legislature, for the most part, are responsible stewards of our tax dollars. That said, I have some serious personal disagreements with various individuals at the capitol . . . some for very public issues and some for very private issues. The whole seems better than the sum of its parts, maybe?

I agree with that.

I agree with that.

Gay-discrimination bill gets filibustered. SSDD but this one is disheartening as well. People are too scared to even give a bill a chance for vote, because heaven for bid we actually have equality before the law.

http://journalstar.c...e9e09fdfe5.html

How many gay people are being fired for their gayness?, and how can you prove it was the reason for termination unless your employer is just stupid and tells you that, there is so many ways to fire people "legally" already. Where I work we have multiple gay managers and employees and it's not an issue, it only applies to businesses with 15 or more people so small businesses who hate gays still can terminate them anyways.