Sound System/ Inernet Update in Stadium

Speaking of twitter and sound system upgrade.

Anyone check the Husker Fund twitter page?

https://twitter.com/HuskersFund

I wanted to post the pic but couldn't to save my life. Their background has what seems to a concept image of the upgrade of the sound system.

Anyone know anything more about this?

Thoughts?

Is that a big speaker going across the top of the big video board?

I hate not being able to check twitter and HB during games. I need something to do between quarters.

You're surrounded by 90,000 like-minded people and you need social media to be sociable?

Kids today.

When Pelini left the field on a stretcher the 90,000 people in the stands had no idea what was going on. I got on Twitter and was able to get some information.

Oh, I thought you hated not being able to do that.

That's right! I went to that #Nebrasketball game (sorry, twitter lingo) after seeing so much on twitter about #NoSitSunday. I checked twitter during the game, I uploaded pics and stuff about how insane the crowd was. How electric the place was. How awesome to see our basketball team get this kind of energy.

Never missed a dribble. Thanks to the WiFi at the Vault, it was hella easier to do it and hell faster. It allowed me to interact with the guy who sat next to me as we complained about a certain call. It allowed me to talk to my sister about how fun the game is.

I would never miss a snap at a game. But I would love to share with people how awesome the experience is. That's the kind of thing that creates buzz. When people on twitter get updates from @Huskers about fans at the game are having a blast. They say "maybe I should go to a game".

I am excited for it. Updates on player stats, injuries, and just social commentary from a friend in Colorado. I would never be distracted from the game itself, and I will guarantee that I will lose my voice like I do every game. I am sure I speak for a lot of people when I say that.

And if we're going to do this age-ist thing, can I say how annoying it is when older fans sit on their hands, yell at me to sit down, and leave the game early? Over-generalization, but so is "being distracted on their phones!"

thank you for spelling it out for the people who needed it. this is not a bad thing, its a hella good thing.

I hate not being able to check twitter and HB during games. I need something to do between quarters.

You're surrounded by 90,000 like-minded people and you need social media to be sociable?

Kids today.

When Pelini left the field on a stretcher the 90,000 people in the stands had no idea what was going on. I got on Twitter and was able to get some information.

So because I got lucky once two years ago in being able to use my cellphone to access data (I try every game) it invalidates my statement? It's gotten so bad at Memorial that I have to leave the stadium now to even make a call at halftime. But hey, keep making smartass comments instead of actually contributing.

The basketball game I went to this year I was able to get on BTN2Go and check replays for fouls and injuries to see what really happen. It was pretty cool. The people around me appreciated it as well when I showed them.

Kids today.

So because I got lucky once two years ago in being able to use my cellphone to access data (I try every game) it invalidates my statement? It's gotten so bad at Memorial that I have to leave the stadium now to even make a call at halftime. But hey, keep making smartass comments instead of actually contributing.

No, not at all. I was actually agreeing with you, but it obviously went over your head. Carry on.

• 3 weeks later...