Rancher vs. Feds

No I suggest you continue to drive right down the middle of the road and impede as much traffic as possible. Id hate to see those five foot tall tires on those things get dirty getting onto the shoulder for a minute while the line of 20 cars behind you goes around. Hell you get off on the shoulder you might get stuck!

I live in Nebraska I know all about farming communities and farmers do have to get to the fields, I'm aware of that. I have friends that are farmers. Some move over and let people by, some are dumbasses and don't.

Eh. Farmers pay for those roads too. Getting out of the way isn't quite as easy as it used to be given the size of modern farm equipment.

If there's one thing that I've learned commuting it's that you'll get there. Chill out, put on a podcast, and roll on.

No I suggest you continue to drive right down the middle of the road and impede as much traffic as possible. Id hate to see those five foot tall tires on those things get dirty getting onto the shoulder for a minute while the line of 20 cars behind you goes around. Hell you get off on the shoulder you might get stuck!

I live in Nebraska I know all about farming communities and farmers do have to get to the fields, I'm aware of that. I have friends that are farmers. Some move over and let people by, some are dumbasses and don't.

Eh. Farmers pay for those roads too. Getting out of the way isn't quite as easy as it used to be given the size of modern farm equipment.

If there's one thing that I've learned commuting it's that you'll get there. Chill out, put on a podcast, and roll on.

Exactly. The last thing a guy with a top heavy grain cart wants to do is pull off into the ditch a bit to let some impatient driver around them. I've seen more than a few that have tipped as a result and spilling grain everywhere. That's someone's livelihood.

Exactly. The last thing a guy with a top heavy grain cart wants to do is pull off into the ditch a bit to let some impatient driver around them. I've seen more than a few that have tipped as a result and spilling grain everywhere. That's someone's livelihood.

Fully loaded grain carts combined with ditches definitely make you clench up.

I think (like many groups) farmers in this situation all get lumped together due to a few idiots. I'll give an example. I used to commute from Des Moines to Oskaloosa, IA every day. This was before they put in a few by-passes around towns like Pella. The road out of Oskaloosa to Pella used to be this narrow/windy/hilly road that there was no way to pass anything. One day, I got behind a tractor just outside of Oskaloosa. This guy never let anyone around him. Now, let me explain, there was a paved shoulder that he clearly could have used to pull over safely. By the time we got to Pella, there was a line so far back that I could't see the end of it. Finally, someone honked at him, he pulled over (just fine on the paved shoulder) and flipped off all the cars while they were passing.

Now, that isn't the typical experience with farmers on the roads. But, just like other groups, if someone in one of those cars really hadn't had much of other positive experiences with farmers, it gives all of them bad name.

I drive down gravel roads every day going to work and yes, it can be frustrating during planting and harvest but you get through it and most farmers try to make it work for everyone.

Oops.

I don't get road rage, I'm cool behind the wheel. As much as I'm in the road I see it all the time though.

This is what it's really about: http://www.conservat...nese-solar-farm and here

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/31/us-usa-china-reid-solar-idUSBRE87U 06D20120831.

Yes, the rancher went about this in the worst way possible but for the Feds to spend over a million dollars to round up some cattle? Come on. I really liked the "1st Amendment Area" signs that the Federales posted too. Since when is it an area and not a right? This had Waco and Ruby Ridge written all over it. Once the story above ran on Drudge, the Feds were gone three hours later. Otherwise, this had the potential to turn into a bloodbath for all involved. And if it really were about the tortiose, why were the all the tacticool coperators running around on ATV's.

Just because his granddad had free grazing rights there doesn't mean the free grazing will go on forever. What if it was someone else who had the land now rather then the government? Would he still consider it his right to graze his cattle on someone else's land? And would his neighbors be there protecting his right to do so? Has his family ever bought land from a neighbor? Does he lets those neighbors still graze their cattle on said land? He says they have the right to do so.