Just another Bo article

Redux

You are missing the point. Nebraska is well thought of, Bo is not, and your comments make the same notation. How long is the University going to put up with him, is the normal comment. Nothing about wins and losses or how far we might have fallen. Just, and I quote, the buffoon in charge should be ran out of town as soon as possible.

Actually, you are missing the point.

The point is that the people you are mentioning are set in their ways no matter what, but that Bo is thought well of by tthe old-school black & white type folk, and has a great opportunity to be thought well of by the younger generation.

Really this entire article has nothing to do with you and your anecdotal references.

Tampa, Florida checking in. I also know tons of CFB fans, mostly SEC and of course all the Florida teams.

I have seen nothing but respect for NU as a team and program, and historic power. I still run into Gator fans that squirm with bad memories of a particular Fiesta Bowl, but even they have respect for the program.

There ARE some head-scratching questions about why we have put up with Bo's antics, and about how soon, if ever, we will either get over the hump, or get a championship of some sort, or if we let Bo go first. They are also understanding of the great record, always 9-10 win seasons, but as stumped as anyone as to why we can't quite get a couple more here and there.

That is what I hear too. You hear things like "Nebraska is a great program with great fans and a real class operation... so, why would they keep this guy Pelini around who is such a jerk?" That is what I hear. Confusion as to why a program like NU would continue to put up with this coach are forwarded. Oddly, even non-NU fans would like to see a new and classy coach at NU. So you get both a baseline very positive view of NU and a questioning sense of why NU would sully its reputation like this.

I will say people are, generally, less negative about Pelini now than in the past. The current PR campaign to cast Bo as a "nice guy" is awkward... but it may be having some positive impact.. I guess.

You are missing the point. Nebraska is well thought of, Bo is not, and your comments make the same notation. How long is the University going to put up with him, is the normal comment. Nothing about wins and losses or how far we might have fallen. Just, and I quote, the buffoon in charge should be ran out of town as soon as possible. I have heard that comment far more than I would like to. My wife can not stand Bo. Most thought he was gone in November.

I think he needs a good season this year, not so much the wins and losses, but respectable play, temper under control. I think one more blow out and his Texas fund runs out.

I concur that NU is still thought of well and that Bo is not. Of course Bo is polarizing... some love him. Many are very, very unimpressed. Few are neutral.

I find it funny Bo isnt thought of as classy when multiple sources have shown he is as genuinely classy as it comes. Id list the reasons but theres a few dozen threaeds in place for that and frankly my phones battery would die before I finished.

Bo is a classy coach. Maybe hes not winning 11-13 games a year but he is most definitely classy. Awkward, but classy.

I find it funny Bo isnt thought of as classy when multiple sources have shown he is as genuinely classy as it comes. Id list the reasons but theres a few dozen threaeds in place for that and frankly my phones battery would die before I finished.

Bo is a classy coach. Maybe hes not winning 11-13 games a year but he is most definitely classy. Awkward, but classy.

This.

The only people that I hear bash Bo are Iowegians, and I don't think tthat I'd like them to choose who should be our coach. Hell, most of them still bash Osborne.

This.

The only people that I hear bash Bo are Iowegians, and I don't think tthat I'd like them to choose who should be our coach. Hell, most of them still bash Osborne.

Most of them probably think our coach is still Osborne.

Tampa, Florida checking in. I also know tons of CFB fans, mostly SEC and of course all the Florida teams.

I have seen nothing but respect for NU as a team and program, and historic power. I still run into Gator fans that squirm with bad memories of a particular Fiesta Bowl, but even they have respect for the program.

There ARE some head-scratching questions about why we have put up with Bo's antics, and about how soon, if ever, we will either get over the hump, or get a championship of some sort, or if we let Bo go first. They are also understanding of the great record, always 9-10 win seasons, but as stumped as anyone as to why we can't quite get a couple more here and there.

That is what I hear too. You hear things like "Nebraska is a great program with great fans and a real class operation... so, why would they keep this guy Pelini around who is such a jerk?"

Yeah well you also "heard" this, so.....

NU football has much, much less than a sterling reputation re:sportsmanship nationally. In fact, NU has among the worst reputations in college football

95 I think Bo is a good guy, classy is not a word that comes to mind. Bo is an old time coach, along the lines of Devaney, Woody, Bo and a few others. His style is more fitted to a few decades back.

As to missing the point, possible. But I hear positives about Nebraska, and more of what has happened, than I have ever heard praise for Coach Pelini. And as I stated, it does seem to me that the PR campaign is working.

As to black and white, set in their ways, I fit that category quite well. But I must say I have changed to the point that I think if he cleans up his act, does not get blown out, he will be able to keep this job. Wins and losses mean the world to some. That is all they see. I see the positives he does, the true love for his players, and most important, theirs for him. That many young kids can not be wrong. His number one draw back for me is his on the field actions. Trust me that is a major concern, or this PR program would not exist. I do believe the AD added to the problem last year with his silence, that put Bo under more pressure.

As to the word bafoon, insert Ahole, Dick, idiot, moron if those words suit you. I have heard all of them.

I truly think he is a good guy, and I think this year we will see vast improvement in him on the sideline, in honesty, like we have every year. I still want to see the fire, just controlled. I think the team will play better in that situation. I want Nebraska to succeed, and in that situation, I feel Bo has to. He has done a lot of good things in the past 7 years.

That is what I hear too. You hear things like "Nebraska is a great program with great fans and a real class operation... so, why would they keep this guy Pelini around who is such a jerk?"

NU football has much, much less than a sterling reputation re:sportsmanship nationally. In fact, NU has among the worst reputations in college football

those two posts convey the same thing and are consistent... the NU of the present with Bo as the "face of the program" is viewed negatively. Numbered among those that view NU this way are many who, in general and from a historic perspective, respect and like NU but are baffled that such a well respected program characterized by being classy is currently headed by a coach that is largely perceived as the opposite.

The Vancouver Canucks in hockey are viewed much the same way by many --- a team that is historically respected and liked whose present coach (their current "face of the team") is viewed very negatively... so people wonder why that team, once respected and now viewed negatively by many because of their coach --- in fact retain their coach (or ever hired him in the first place).

those two posts convey the same thing and are consistent... the NU of the present with Bo as the "face of the program" is viewed negatively. Numbered among those that view NU this way are many who, in general and from a historic perspective, respect and like NU but are baffled that such a well respected program characterized by being classy is currently headed by a coach that is largely perceived as the opposite.

The Vancouver Canucks in hockey are viewed much the same way by many --- a team that is historically respected and liked whose present coach (their current "face of the team") is viewed very negatively... so people wonder why that team, once respected and now viewed negatively by many because of their coach --- in fact retain their coach (or ever hired him in the first place).

So, only your anecdotal evidence counts, and everyone else is wrong?

Ok then.

• Fire 2

......Bo is a classy coach. Maybe hes not winning 11-13 games a year but he is most definitely classy.

"Bo is a classy coach. Maybe hes not winning 11-13 games a year but he is most definitely classy"

Time machine set to 2006 dial .....

"Bill Callahan is a classy coach. Maybe hes not winning 11-13 games a year but he is most definitely classy"

Back to present time and ^insert three words ........

"Bo is a classy coach ^within Huskers Nation. Maybe hes not winning 11-13 games a year but he is most definitely classy." Outside Huskers Nation, lots of CFB fans said Bo is an uncool and unclassy coach.

......Bo is a classy coach. Maybe hes not winning 11-13 games a year but he is most definitely classy.

"Bo is a classy coach. Maybe hes not winning 11-13 games a year but he is most definitely classy"

Time machine set to 2006 dial .....

"Bill Callahan is a classy coach. Maybe hes not winning 11-13 games a year but he is most definitely classy"

Back to present time and ^insert three words ........

"Bo is a classy coach ^within Huskers Nation. Maybe hes not winning 11-13 games a year but he is most definitely classy." Outside Huskers Nation, lots of CFB fans said Bo is an uncool and unclassy coach.

Double logical fallacy for the win!

• Fire 2