Just another Bo article

Redux

Saunders:

you state... So, only your anecdotal evidence counts, and everyone else is wrong? Ok then.

My response is that I never said anyone else had a wrong view at all. In fact, the only comments I even referenced are those whose anecdotal experience was like mine... and then only to say my experience was similar. To lash out like that is somewhat uncharacteristic of you. I never even intimated that other anecdotal evidence did not count. Not sure even where that came from. Anyway, I hope your day gets better.

Saunders:

you state... So, only your anecdotal evidence counts, and everyone else is wrong? Ok then.

My response is that I never said anyone else had a wrong view at all. In fact, the only comments I even referenced are those whose anecdotal experience was like mine... and then only to say my experience was similar. To lash out like that is somewhat uncharacteristic of you. I never even intimated that other anecdotal evidence did not count. Not sure even where that came from. Anyway, I hope your day gets better.

My day is great, so not sure where you're going with that...

Short answer, you said the nation thinks Nebraska is crap and Bo's an idiot. You don't have any actual evidence other than personal experience. Dozens of other posters have offered the exact opposite experience. But in order for your anectdotal evidence to work, then the majority would be wrong.

since when do we care about what other people think about our coach?

certainly not when it is negative.

I remember a great many fans not giving two squirts of piss what people thought about us. Winning things tend to bring that feeling out.

And for the record there is no shortage of national write ups that wonder aloud why NU is putting up with Bo. That is not anecdotal.

I remember a great many fans not giving two squirts of piss what people thought about us. Winning things tend to bring that feeling out.

And for the record there is no shortage of national write ups that wonder aloud why NU is putting up with Bo. That is not anecdotal.

There's also quite a few that have written that they like the guy...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saunders, the point is, we should not even be having these conversations. The media should not be following him, TV having a camera assigned to him for his reactions. That in its self says there is a problem. The PR program says there is a problem. It does hurt the University financially I am sure. Not to a huge extent, but they need every dime they can get it seems.

From what I hear/read Bo is very likeable, very much a man's man. Unfortunately not all are as devout as this group. That is where the problem lies. The outliers see it differently. I made the comparison along time ago. We as a group seem like a battered woman. Knowing that things aren't quite right, but hope, pray things get better. Not saying Bo is like that, but we as a group seem to defend him no matter the situation. Where as people who do not follow, see the outbursts, and categorize from one viewing. That is not right either, but it is reality.

There's also quite a few that have written that they like the guy...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know what no one likes? Your sig

Seriously though, setting aside the ridiculous sanctimony earlier in this thread where "I can't watch with other Husker fans cuz I'm so informed," (get the freaking hell over yourself) the reality of the situation is this, clearly the fanbase is polarized, as well as the national perception. Bo Pelini is either loved or reviled, and it can't be quantified by "intelligence". An effort to embrace his "angry" side is being attempted, and as good as it is the two biggest problems I have with it is its so forced and it could have been done freaking years ago. Imagine if he was doing this when NU was in the top ten in 2010, you think its viral now? Nope, he felt he was above it.

Anyway, before I ramble my point away, no one on either side here is going to be validated until they start playing. So every thread on every side of the spectrum is going to curry these responses.

We can either keep doing it, or we team up and call Knapplc fat.

• Fire 1

RIP Bo aint so bad thread.......youve been Polo/Skrd

it is just funny that the same people who claimed that we do not care what other people think of bo all of a sudden think it is good evidence.

and frankly, no one (reasonably) ever said bo is bad. i agree with polo that a lot of this seems forced. and none of it is evidence of anything other than bo is working on his public image. but a lot of it is fun. and i always thought bo was a good guy in private. it is just nice that he finally realized that his public image is just as important since he is, you know, the face of the program.