Jameis Winston rape investigation was botched.

ADS

I have just finished reading and I don't understand the significance of this new NYT piece. What new information was there other than the fact that another girl talked to a counselor (never said she was raped or that she said "no") after hooking up with JW? Didn't we already know that the tape was erased (a tape that, IMOH, would have done more to exonerate than indict)? I'm not saying that nothing else will ever surface from this, but this is a long, but pretty worthless story update.

• Fire 1

I have just finished reading and I don't understand the significance of this new NYT piece. What new information was there other than the fact that another girl talked to a counselor (never said she was raped or that she said "no") after hooking up with JW? Didn't we already know that the tape was erased (a tape that, IMOH, would have done more to exonerate than indict)? I'm not saying that nothing else will ever surface from this, but this is a long, but pretty worthless story update.

I think this story was more intended to show that the TPD and the university are at fault, but that's just my opinion.

I think this story was more intended to show that the TPD and the university are at fault, but that's just my opinion.

Not to come off as rude, but hasn't this pretty much been the stance of many throughout the entire investigation?

Not to come off as rude, but hasn't this pretty much been the stance of many throughout the entire investigation?

I think that's how most people have viewed this "case" :dunno

Right....hence questioning the need for the article.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Dont think it has really anything to do with guilty or innocent or with Winston exlusively. But rather a look into what is now definitely known as a crooked and literally win-at-all-costs culture there. It doesnt really matter whether he did it or not. But the fact is simply that he was accused and it's obvious the the proper procedures were not followed and that it was not looked into properly. And why? Because he was the heisman caliber quarterback for the local national championship contending college football team. it's that simple. And it's bullsh#t.

it's not and further incriminating on Winston in my opinion. It's on the police, the university, and frankly, the whole damn society of that area. In fact, I'll even go on to say that such an issue even makes me feel somewhat sorry for Winston, because IF he really didnt do it, this kind of news, and the way it was handled is always and forever going to allow him to be a victim of the "what if". We'll never know for sure cuz it wasnt handled properly.

Dont think it has really anything to do with guilty or innocent or with Winston exlusively. But rather a look into what is now definitely known as a crooked and literally win-at-all-costs culture there. It doesnt really matter whether he did it or not. But the fact is simply that he was accused and it's obvious the the proper procedures were not followed and that it was not looked into properly. And why? Because he was the heisman caliber quarterback for the local national championship contending college football team. it's that simple. And it's bullsh#t.

it's not and further incriminating on Winston in my opinion. It's on the police, the university, and frankly, the whole damn society of that area. In fact, I'll even go on to say that such an issue even makes me feel somewhat sorry for Winston, because IF he really didnt do it, this kind of news, and the way it was handled is always and forever going to allow him to be a victim of the "what if". We'll never know for sure cuz it wasnt handled properly.

...so pretty much what people were saying/thinking before the article was published.

Exposure and investigation into a sh**ty situation is always a good thing. lol @ u

What angle are you fishing from Creighton....There was a rape, people witnessed it, people lied about not seeing it, and the police and FSU " investigated " it. I hope the girls in question get their justice and the people who committed the crimes along with the University are found guilty.

• Fire 2

What angle are you fishing from Creighton....There was a rape, people witnessed it, people lied about not seeing it, and the police and FSU " investigated " it. I hope the girls in question get their justice and the people who committed the crimes along with the University are found guilty.

My "angle" is not relevant to my point here. The info in the NYT article is nothing new and I don't see the point of printing it. Had there been some new revelations, yes; I would love to read, but as it is, it is essentially just a hit piece....although my sources tell a much different story than what you're reading in the papers.