Kirk Herbstreit on the 2014 Huskers

@KirkHerbstreit

Watching last years Gator Bowl on @BigTenNetwork. Love watchin an exciting CFB this time of year. Both teams could be very good this yr.

An endorsement from Herbie. Gotta love that.

Endorsement once every eight years. Memorix. I remember .......

"Love watching an exciting CFB this time of year. Nebraska could be very good this year"

Alamo Bowl 2005 Nebraska vs. Michigan

Color commentator

Kirk Herbstreit

I've never really liked Herbie most of the time.

Understand what exactly? I said that I can't stand Hirbstreit and I was drilled as to why. I have found on this board that it's just easier to agree with some people than rather try to argue. There is nothing to understand.....I'm not a fan of Hirbstreit or Corso.

Why you don't like Kirk. The only real thing you said is that you think he whiney. Hmmm...not sure why. Then, you said you don't like him because of Corso. Then, you were asked for clarification and then shut down like you were being attacked.

I guess it's one of those mysteries in life.

Understand what exactly? I said that I can't stand Hirbstreit and I was drilled as to why. I have found on this board that it's just easier to agree with some people than rather try to argue. There is nothing to understand.....I'm not a fan of Hirbstreit or Corso.

Why you don't like Kirk. The only real thing you said is that you think he whiney. Hmmm...not sure why. Then, you said you don't like him because of Corso. Then, you were asked for clarification and then shut down like you were being attacked.

I guess it's one of those mysteries in life.

I didn't shut down, I just got tired of having to elaborate as to why I don't like someone. I don't like Herbstreit because he is whiny and I just don't like listening to his commentating. I mentioned this and still got asked why. I don't like Corso because he doesn't every really contribute anything of substance to a conversation. I just got tired of being asked for more and more clarification as to why I don't like someone. I finally just gave up and said that I liked him so as to conform to other peoples views. I'm officially done discussing this topic. Thanks and everyone have a great day.

• Fire 1

Ah the greatest fans on earth at it again!!!!

Knapplc, I think they hate him because they feel he is not the homer he should be for them. Same reason ours hate him. lol

That is actually exactly it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/-Relentless-Buckeye-fans-have-driven-Kirk-Herbs?urn=ncaaf-wp39

"Nobody loves Ohio State more than me," said Herbstreit, a former Buckeyes quarterback. "I still have a picture of Woody Hayes and my dad (Jim, a former OSU player) in my office, and nobody will do more than I do for the university behind the scenes. But I've got a job to do, and I'm going to continue to be fair and objective. To continue to have to defend myself and my family in regards to my love and devotion to Ohio State is unfair."

I agree, Corso makes the day fun, in honesty that is what college football is about. He pokes fun at both teams through the show. I will miss him when he is gone, but I think he is there because he wants to be, and the rest of the crew want him there, at what ever level he can handle. It appears him and Herbie are very close, father/son thing. We are losing all of our great icons. I guess that is the way things go, Old always catches up. You guys in years to come will be talking about how great Fowler and Herbie are. How things mellow out as the years add up. Things always seem grander, sweeter, the girls were prettier.

Soon all of you will be blue hairs, and the whining will begin!!!!!

• Fire 1