2014 NCAA Regional Projections

As of 5-15-2014;

See all here: http://www.chasingomaha.com/college-baseball-news/chasing-omaha-regional-projections-5152014.html

Bloomington Stillwater

1 Indiana (4) 1 Oklahoma State

2 Kentucky 2 Louisville

3 Bryant 3 Nebraska

4 Ball State 4 Creighton

I don't get this--if only two B1G teams make it, why would the NCAA potentially force them to play each other if they win their respective regional series?

I'm thinking more along the lines of Rice, Houston, or Ft. Worth, if they're going to force Nebraska to play in (former) Big XII territory.

I agree... it would be stupid... but with all these mock-ups of what it may look like, there are so many opinions, its more volatile then march madness... who knows other than the top 7 or 8 what will happen

I don't follow baseball near as closely but it seems to me that it would be similar to the NCAA basketball tournament - people can do a pretty good job of predicting the seeds but it's mostly pointless to try to predict the region (except for the #1 seeds). Perhaps it is more structured in baseball? :dunno

I don't follow baseball near as closely but it seems to me that it would be similar to the NCAA basketball tournament - people can do a pretty good job of predicting the seeds but it's mostly pointless to try to predict the region (except for the #1 seeds). Perhaps it is more structured in baseball? :dunno

In baseball I think every seed matters. Because if you're a two seed and the "Top 8 National Seed" gets knocked out you have a chance to host the Super Regionals as long as the other team is a two seed or lower.

What would we consider a success this year in the postseason. After the Big Ten tourny of course.

In baseball I think every seed matters. Because if you're a two seed and the "Top 8 National Seed" gets knocked out you have a chance to host the Super Regionals as long as the other team is a two seed or lower.

What would we consider a success this year in the postseason. After the Big Ten tourny of course.

i would consider at least competing for the regional title as success. Giving a 1 seed a run for their money. Forcing a game 2 for the final, that is of course if we are not the 2-0 team going into the final....

i would consider at least competing for the regional title as success. Giving a 1 seed a run for their money. Forcing a game 2 for the final, that is of course if we are not the 2-0 team going into the final....
That's what I was thinking.

As of 5-15-2014;

See all here: http://www.chasingomaha.com/college-baseball-news/chasing-omaha-regional-projections-5152014.html

Bloomington Stillwater

1 Indiana (4) 1 Oklahoma State

2 Kentucky 2 Louisville

3 Bryant 3 Nebraska

4 Ball State 4 Creighton

I don't get this--if only two B1G teams make it, why would the NCAA potentially force them to play each other if they win their respective regional series?

I'm thinking more along the lines of Rice, Houston, or Ft. Worth, if they're going to force Nebraska to play in (former) Big XII territory.

I agree... it would be stupid... but with all these mock-ups of what it may look like, there are so many opinions, its more volatile then march madness... who knows other than the top 7 or 8 what will happen

I agree...but I think there's a bit more insight on this, because the NCAA has mostly kept teams playing as close to home as possible for various reasons (e.g. travel costs, funding for the sport is lower than others, travel concerns after 9-11).

I suppose Stillwater is plausible, but I doubt the NCAA would be foolish enough to put another B1G team in across from DoNU.