2014 NCAA Regional Projections

I think that we just created a new category for defensive/pitching statistics!! lol we keep RISP why not RA2O

Exactly, The only bad thing about it, was I had to look through the live stats of every game and check the innings the opponent scored and see if they scored with two outs. I feel as if RA2O should be way below what we are allowing. I could see what the average of the top 10 teams is but I will need to do that over the weekend, since that is a lot of work lol.

I think that we just created a new category for defensive/pitching statistics!! lol we keep RISP why not RA2O

Exactly, The only bad thing about it, was I had to look through the live stats of every game and check the innings the opponent scored and see if they scored with two outs. I feel as if RA2O should be way below what we are allowing. I could see what the average of the top 10 teams is but I will need to do that over the weekend, since that is a lot of work lol.

The fact that you went through and did this stat is amazing. And having played college baseball I can tell you at the very least that our team did not keep track of this stat. Should it be kept? I think so. So many pitching coaches harp and getting out of innings once you get the second out. +1 to you and if you create that separate thread I'll be more than happy to chime in on it.

The fact that you went through and did this stat is amazing. And having played college baseball I can tell you at the very least that our team did not keep track of this stat. Should it be kept? I think so. So many pitching coaches harp and getting out of innings once you get the second out. +1 to you and if you create that separate thread I'll be more than happy to chime in on it.

I started to work on it last night, the problem I encountered was the fact that I came accross some box scores that did not include a Play-by-play.

I started to work on it last night, the problem I encountered was the fact that I came accross some box scores that did not include a Play-by-play.

That's weird. I thought most schools kept a play-by-play for games. Would be interesting to see Nebraska stacked up against the Top 10 schools like you mentioned.

According to the Warren Nolan RPI (uses same formula as NCAA), Nebraska was at #36 prior to NW series. "The Nitty Gritty Report" they have ranks all teams by RPI and highlights thiose that are leading their respective conference. Right now if all leaders won thier conference (31 teams), that would leave 33 at large bids. However, Omaha is one of them and can't play post-season. That makes 34 open slots. By that, Nebraska currently would have to be at least #47 if they go from top down and give at large bids. After the loss on Friday, we only dropped to #40. After Saturday though, we dropped down to #56. Now this week, with no games played by the Huskers, teams that we've beaten have helped out by winning along with some of the teams right around us getting beat. We've climed back up to #48.

If we can just go out and win about 10 out of the last 14, we should move up to about #40 and still get an at-large bid. Just take care of our own business, and let the rest take care of itself!!!

According to the Warren Nolan RPI (uses same formula as NCAA), Nebraska was at #36 prior to NW series. "The Nitty Gritty Report" they have ranks all teams by RPI and highlights thiose that are leading their respective conference. Right now if all leaders won thier conference (31 teams), that would leave 33 at large bids. However, Omaha is one of them and can't play post-season. That makes 34 open slots. By that, Nebraska currently would have to be at least #47 if they go from top down and give at large bids. After the loss on Friday, we only dropped to #40. After Saturday though, we dropped down to #56. Now this week, with no games played by the Huskers, teams that we've beaten have helped out by winning along with some of the teams right around us getting beat. We've climed back up to #48.

If we can just go out and win about 10 out of the last 14, we should move up to about #40 and still get an at-large bid. Just take care of our own business, and let the rest take care of itself!!!

havig losses to teams like arky and Ucirvine etc... who keep winning games helps this out alot. tougher schedules get results... but yes as 4life says... im all for winning the conference to give us a shot...

do i think we can make a run to Omaha? probably not... BUT if this teams can fix their inconsistencies on offense and keep up the pretty damn good pitching who knows