The 2014 Grilling Thread

BRB, that doesn't sound dissimilar to how I grill asparagus. I marinate them in oil and an acid, either balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, or sometimes just Italian Dressing, then dump them on a very hot grill. There's a fun fireball, and when that dies down I turn them over so there's a slight char on all sides. It takes maybe one minute on the grill.

I'll try the green beans on the grill. I've grilled quite a few veggies, including broccoli (same method as the asparagus), and pretty much everything has turned out great. I'll put the beans in my grill pan:

DLsMSMO.jpg

A grill pan like that pictured is an absolute necessity. I use a square shaped grill wok. Mine doesn't have a handle-sometimes that's nice and other times I wish I had the handle. It makes doing veggies etc. so much easier.

One of my favorite things to grill in it is hefty slices of Red Pepper. A little olive oil, maybe an acid, and my go to grill seasoning "Riley's All Purpose Seasoning", then just put a slight char on it but leave a little snap/crunch in it. Mmmmm!

• 2 weeks later...

Made Barcelona Chicken tonight. Marinade of olive oil, sherry, Fresno pepper, basil, garlic, S&P. Marinated that all afternoon, then it was indirect heat for about 40 minutes, followed by direct high heat for about ten minutes to crisp everything up and give it some nice char.

Accompanied that with some roasted stuffed tomatoes. Stuffing - egg, bacon, thyme & bleu cheese. I was hoping the bleu cheese would crust over a little, but no such luck.

AOaZWmz.jpg

Whoops! It's been a very busy week and I haven't checked this thread at all. In fact - and I hate to admit this - I ate dinner out Tuesday, and I'm eating out again tonight. That's more than I go to a restaurant in a typical month, all in one week.

RE: Chicken - depends entirely on what's available/on sale. I have no qualms about cutting up a whole bird, but for that particular meal I got legs & thighs for 98 cents per lb, and it was a deal I couldn't pass up. On Mother's Day I fried chicken and for that I bought a whole fryer and cut it up.

I'm going to put my chicken butchering post in the Tips & Tricks thread.