Receivers Want "Warrior" Mentality

"Oregon, I think, is the best example. I mean, those guys get after people. That's impressive," [bell] said. "Wisconsin, when Jared Abbrederis was there, was like that. That strikes so much more fear in a defensive back room than a guy who can run fast.

"Because everybody can run fast. Not very many receivers want to kick your ass and bury you into the turf. So that's a mentality that we got from Brandon Kinnie like three or four years ago."

It's why Taariq Allen this spring said one of his biggest goals has nothing to do with receiving yards or catches, but rather winning the "Perimeter Warrior" award given out each year to a Husker receiver for extra effort, blocks, knockdowns and takedowns.

The title is there for the taking, with three-time champion Quincy Enunwa no longer in the program.

“I’m trying to be that next guy to get my face on that wall. Everything I do is about being aggressive," Allen said.

LJS