The unofficial stranded on a deserted island music survey

Anyone else trolling through this thread looking for good songs? Quite a few I haven't heard of on here, and will definitely be checking out.

Same here. Some I now like, some I wish I hadn't heard....

I won't be checking out any Kanye though...thanks HeyBurke.

(calm down man, I'm kidding.)

Anyone else trolling through this thread looking for good songs? Quite a few I haven't heard of on here, and will definitely be checking out.

Not yet, I'm only about halfway through the What are you listening to right now? thread. It's been quite a journey so far, for better or worse.

Reading back through this thread now and listening to some of these songs on youtube.

JJ: I've never heard of the Ozark Mountain Daredevils. If you want to get to heaven is a pretty decent song.

True: Sponge - Plowed. I LOVE this song, but somehow I forgot about it over the years. Just listened to it three straight times. This song kicks my ass. Will be downloading this one tonight. Thanks! :thumbs Also from True, that Fuel song - not bad, but Hemorrhage (in my hands) is Fuel's best song. Another one I'd take in my top five (probably replacing Marit Peters' Noah's Ark). Also - I've never heard of Clutch. Any songs you'd recommend?

Dude: Never heard of The Misfits. Not a huge fan of Punk, but that wasn't too shabby. CCR is a great choice, and Have you ever seen the rain? is one of their best. Not sure I've heard of the Clutch or Mastodon. Any recommendations for a beginner with these bands?

Crewe: Your tastes are a little harder than mine, but gotta love Alice in Chains and NIN. Quality choices there.

Po: Any recommendations for Yellowcard and Amber Pacific for a beginner? Quality choice there with Hemorrhage by Fuel. Kick-ass song. Never heard of Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, but I listened to those two songs, and while C Rock isn't my thing, those were pretty good. Bohemian Rhapsody is, of course, an all-time great song.

VA Husker Fan: My knowledge of Radiohead pretty much begins & ends with Creep, but Reckoner was an... interesting song. I've heard that Radiohead, aside from Creep, is kinda odd. You dig them, or just that one song? I haven't heard that Mazzy Star song in ages. Takes me back a bit. Tip of the hat for Bowie. Good tune.

polo: You went old-school with your choices. I haven't even thought about Primus since the 90s. Funny that you mention them. Brings back a lot of memories. :D That Streetlight Manifesto song was funny. Never heard that before. The Weight is something you maybe hear once in a blue moon on classic rock stations. Another "way back when" song. Mama Tried may be the first Merle Haggard song I've ever listened to. Probably my last, but it was worth listening to once.

strigori: Your five songs are very different than mine. The only band you had in that group that I listen to is A Perfect Circle, but the only song of theirs I know is Judith (a kick-ass song). Might have to give The Outsider another listen or two. Not bad.

HUSKER 37: Cheater! :D Props for Tool, AiC, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd & The Beatles. I can dig all of those. Not sure I could name a Slipknot song - any recommendations? Also, kudos on Little Wing. Love that song; used to sing it to the wife when we were dating (back when I had a half decent singing voice) on long car rides. Also a tip of the cap for Say Hello to Heaven. I can listen to Chris Cornell any day.

walks: What is Kvelertak? Any recommendations? Your five songs were... interesting. Didn't listen to Hotel California - 1,000 times already is probably enough. The others aren't my cup of tea. Funny how we all have such disparate taste in music, though. It's interesting that the same ear that digs something like Opeth also gets into Hotel California. Another good example of why trying to stereotype someone based off the bits and pieces you see of them online is a really bad idea.

StPaul: I'm with you on Cypress Hill & Ozzy. Not so much the rest. :D

Tood: As stated above, major props for Losing My Religion. Prodigy - did they do a song for The Matrix or The Crow? I know Firestarter (barely) but I'm pretty sure I've heard something else of theirs.

Going back to listen to Plowed again. Love that song!

• Fire 2

5 Bands

U2

The Who

Led Zep

Pearl Jam

Pink Floyd

5 Songs

Sympathy for the Devil, the best Rolling Stones song IMO and Jane's Addiction does a nice cover.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World, Tears for Fears I don't know why I just like the song.

Little Wing, SRV version is better than Jimi's but they are both great

Taxi, Harry Chapin

All along the Watch Tower

This was really hard to narrow down to 5 songs

Classical

• Fire 1

StPaul: I'm with you on Cypress Hill & Ozzy. Not so much the rest. :D

Scarface's The Diary would have won a Grammy had their been a category for it back in 93-94. It was fantastic. Jesse James is one of those songs you listen to when you need some anger pumping through you.

I don't know what True or anyone else would say about Clutch. But when I first heard Binge and Purge for the first time like 20 years ago, I was hooked. Also, they had a little less known song on the Escape from LA soundtrack called Escape from the Prison Planet that I always seem to have to listen to several times over once it comes up on my Ipod during shuffle.