The unofficial stranded on a deserted island music survey

I wonder if this might be it. When the Love album was being created, an acoustic version of the song was the underlying basis for the song in the video - in fact, you can hear the acoustic version to begin the song, and it is under the added strings.

Could be - the one I heard had a more mature George voice though, which I think is why I loved it so - just had more depth and meaning for some reason. It was on satellite radio (which I had for a month free) and although I got a screen shot of the song title etc it seems to be one (of many) that I actually tried to find after hearing it and have never had any luck.

• 3 years later...

On 8/19/2016 at 3:13 PM, NM11046 said:

This is fun! I needed to take a break from all the debating. I have a feeling I'm out of my element - no hard rock here:

1- Five groups or musicians.

Counting Crows

Colin Hay (yes that guy from Men at Work)

The Eagles

Willie Nelson

Pearl Jam

Picked folks I like that have huge libraries and a mix of music and tempos. Island life can be tough, no telling what I'd be in the mood for. But essentially I like songs that tell stories and nothing that makes me clench my jaw when I'm listening to it. Chris Stapleton would be on here at #6 as well as Jack Johnson.

2- Five other songs. You get any and all versions of these songs.

Jane Says - Janes Addiction

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - I heard an acoustic version by George Harrison that was amazing and have never been able to find it

Got To Give It Up - Marvin Gay- this one always gets me happy and moving, can't explain it.

What I Got - Sublime

These Days - Jackson Brown

3- One genre,

Blues no doubt about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bands:

Skynyrd

Clapton

Van Halen

Metallica

Travis Tritt

Songs:

Fur Elise-Beethoven 

Voodoo Chile-Like SRV version best, but there are many others 

The Flame-Cheap Trick

Rollin In Then Deep-Adele

9th Symphony-Beethoven 

Genre:

’80s-Early ‘90s Hair Metal- does that count?

• Plus1 1