Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

They’re all worried about food lasting all winter, and only had enough food for the normal Winterfell people for 1 year.

So, since I don’t think they’re going to starve to death, I think they will no longer have long Winters after the Night King is dead. I think they’ll just have their normal winter season, and the wall will melt.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:00 PM, Moiraine said:

So, if we assume the Night King is gonna die, do you guys think it'll be in the final episode? Or earlier? I think it'll be the first half of the last episode or earlier. I just feel like there's a bunch of political stuff that'll need to be wrapped up at the end. I feel like Cersei isn't gonna get taken care of until after him.

My guess is second to last episode (think he's too big of a character and the whitewalkers are too big of a plot line to take out earlier) and then they wrap up who gets the throne in the finale

13 hours ago, Moiraine said:

They’re all worried about food lasting all winter, and only had enough food for the normal Winterfell people for 1 year.

So, since I don’t think they’re going to starve to death, I think they will no longer have long Winters after the Night King is dead. I think they’ll just have their normal winter season, and the wall will melt.

You might be right because we don't know what the world is like without the existence of the Night King, but throughout living history in Westeros there is no 'normal' seasonal change. Some summers/winters last a few years or generations and there isn't a science to it in universe (the best book theories are that it's a constant cosmic war between the lord of light and The Great Other (the god that the white walkers worship).

Also the wall is made of ice but also bound and sealed by magic. 

Here's my prediction for the Night King/Army of the dead.

Spoiler

I think he and his army are destroyed in the first four episodes, but only after the ice dragon kills Dany's 2nd dragon. I think she keeps Drogon for the battle against Cersei.

The purpose of the Night King/Army of the Dead is to even the playing field between Cersei and Dany. The Dothraki & Unsullied are largely destroyed fighting them, so Dany doesn't have a crazy huge advantage in troops.

I don't think they're going to drag out the Night King's story too long. The show is called Game of Thrones - the Night King will not win, and is there only as a plot device. He plays his part and they get on with The Game.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Hide contents

I think he and his army are destroyed in the first four episodes, but only after the ice dragon kills Dany's 2nd dragon. I think she keeps Drogon for the battle against Cersei.

The purpose of the Night King/Army of the Dead is to even the playing field between Cersei and Dany. The Dothraki & Unsullied are largely destroyed fighting them, so Dany doesn't have a crazy huge advantage in troops.

I don't think they're going to drag out the Night King's story too long. The show is called Game of Thrones - the Night King will not win, and is there only as a plot device. He plays his part and they get on with The Game.

I wouldn’t be terribly shocked by that, because

I keep thinking about how close the army is to Winterfell. They’re either going to destroy Winterfell and move on (possible) or be stopped there, but if they’re not stopped there I don’t see where they will be stopped unless Cersei’s armies completely turn on her and come save the day. But they don’t have dragon glass.

Anyway, I care way more about them fighting a person who chooses evil (Cersei) over someone who may be evil by default (Night King), so I would prefer if the former is the main focus. On the other hand it’s gotta be hard to kill the Night King. So Winterfell may have to be demolished.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Reveal hidden contents

I largely share this theory.

43 minutes ago, GSG said:

So I'm watching this video:

And he keeps mentioning a "bonus" episode to be aired after the final episode. I can't find s#!t anywhere about any bonus episode. The only thing I found was this wack theory:

Wild ‘Game Of Thrones’ Fan Theory Suggests There’s A Secret Episode In Season 8

I took his reference to a bonus episode to mean, a bonus episode to his show. So I take it that he’ll be breaking down the last episode AFTER GoT has actually ended and not that GoT would have a bonus episode. :dunno

11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I took his reference to a bonus episode to mean, a bonus episode to his show. So I take it that he’ll be breaking down the last episode AFTER GoT has actually ended and not that GoT would have a bonus episode. :dunno

He does multiple videos every week for each episode so I don't think there's really a "bonus" episode for him.

"Just a reminder too that there is gonna be a special episode that will air the week after the finale, so technically it's like we're getting seven episodes this season. But I'll talk more about that when we get closer to the actual finale."

One of the comments on the video mentions this: http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/game-of-thrones-the-last-watch-documentary-announcement

so maybe that's what he's referring to

Finally was able to 'keep' watching GOT.  I'm still in season one but have made it to ep 7.  It's not the most exciting thing I've watched by any stretch but I like it.  Definitely took a while for me anyway to get somewhat interesting.  I know people say it does get better the more you watch.  

54 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Finally was able to 'keep' watching GOT.  I'm still in season one but have made it to ep 7.  It's not the most exciting thing I've watched by any stretch but I like it.  Definitely took a while for me anyway to get somewhat interesting.  I know people say it does get better the more you watch. 

Ya... keep going.

• Plus1 1