Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

18 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I may be thinking too hard about a fantasy show but could someone explain how the dead (people and horses) can walk around or swing weapons when the muscle tissue is rotted away. What allows them to move those limbs? Heck, if we just slightly pull or tear a muscle we’re out of commission but not the army of the dead. Is it some bit of Knight King magic or just something we’re supposed to shut up and accept?

Well never mind, I think I answered my own question. Here I am, asking this while accepting that the dead can do anything :lol:

The other one that really bothered me was the chain they used to retrieve the dragon. Where did that come from? How did they get it there? How could they lift such a heavy chain let alone pull a full grown dragon out with it? And the dead can’t swim so who hooked it up?  I’ll shut up now.

The chain thing bothered me too. I just had to take it as it was a chain recovered from Hardhome; the wildling camp from season 6 that was on the coast. There are leaps of faith we have to take, I've been willing to jump along with them because the show has been so good.

19 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I may be thinking too hard about a fantasy show but could someone explain how the dead (people and horses) can walk around or swing weapons when the muscle tissue is rotted away. What allows them to move those limbs? Heck, if we just slightly pull or tear a muscle we’re out of commission but not the army of the dead. Is it some bit of Knight King magic or just something we’re supposed to shut up and accept?

Well never mind, I think I answered my own question. Here I am, asking this while accepting that the dead can do anything :lol:

The other one that really bothered me was the chain they used to retrieve the dragon. Where did that come from? How did they get it there? How could they lift such a heavy chain let alone pull a full grown dragon out with it? And the dead can’t swim so who hooked it up?  I’ll shut up now.

11 hours ago, Landlord said:

its magic, man.

tumblr_n7qtpprzNM1rl86q8o1_r1_500.gif

Good episode! After binging the whole series start-to-finish over the past three months, it's excruciating having to wait a week between episodes now. 

Spoiler

I think it'd be funny if none of the main characters at Winterfell died. It would also play into the fact that they wrap up the northern war quickly and get back to...

The Game of Thrones, which is what this series is ostensibly about. I'm way more interested in the final few episodes being about Cersei vs. Daenerys than the Living vs. the Dead.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Good episode! After binging the whole series start-to-finish over the past three months, it's excruciating having to wait a week between episodes now. 

Reveal hidden contents

I think it'd be funny if none of the main characters at Winterfell died. It would also play into the fact that they wrap up the northern war quickly and get back to...

The Game of Thrones, which is what this series is ostensibly about. I'm way more interested in the final few episodes being about Cersei vs. Daenerys than the Living vs. the Dead.

Spoiler

None of the main characters dying also fits in with the fact that GRR Martin is not writing these episodes. The last season was a big step down in writing quality, hopefully they'll do better this season. The first 2 episodes have been good.

9 minutes ago, RedDenver said:
  Hide contents

None of the main characters dying also fits in with the fact that GRR Martin is not writing these episodes. The last season was a big step down in writing quality, hopefully they'll do better this season. The first 2 episodes have been good.

I find it unlikely they’re going to change who dies and who lives. That’s one of the major things I don’t think they’d stray from. I also think the writing was fine, especially compared to GRRM’s the last couple books, other than everyone getting everywhere immediately, and that had much more to do with their wanting to wrap it up in 7-8 seasons

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow...$245 for a complete set of all 8 seasons.

Last year before Christmas I bought 2 complete sets (s1-7) from Amazon for $50 or $75 each, can't remember. They'll be at a premium now but I would expect similar deals come Christmas time.

Some of these theories that people come up with are just bonkers:

Spoiler

Saw one today saying that Theon is going to turn Bran into a White Walker with a dragonglass arrow and then Bran will warg into zombie-Viserion to kill the Night King

3 hours ago, GSG said:

Some of these theories that people come up with are just bonkers:

Reveal hidden contents

Saw one today saying that Theon is going to turn Bran into a White Walker with a dragonglass arrow and then Bran will warg into zombie-Viserion to kill the Night King

Spoiler

Yeah, some of the theories are out there.  But couldn't Bran warg to Viserian anyway, without Theon and dragonglass? Or maybe it doesn't work on the dead?

40 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Hide contents

Yeah, some of the theories are out there.  But couldn't Bran warg to Viserian anyway, without Theon and dragonglass? Or maybe it doesn't work on the dead?

Dunno, but wouldn't he have done it before he melted the wall down if he could?