Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Bran's whole thing in that episode was bizarre. He never moves from his spot, barely looks around at all except to tell Theon he's a good man and to look at the Night King. He sends the Ravens into the storm, but does no spying or intel-gathering. Did anything actually come from the Ravens in that episode? Nothing, right? It was all so pointless.

Haha so true.  I'm hoping that the Ravens and him doing Three-eyed Raven things had a purpose but they weren't revealed/related to this episode.

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I won’t argue that things haven’t changed since they moved past it, but I don’t think GRRM was going to kill many more mains

Whether he was or wasn't isn't the issue, it's the change of tone and theme from what made GoT great. If GRRM writes in the same style as the show has the last couple seasons, then the same criticism would extend to his writing.

13 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Whether he was or wasn't isn't the issue, it's the change of tone and theme from what made GoT great. If GRRM writes in the same style as the show has the last couple seasons, then the same criticism would extend to his writing.

Gotcha.

That said, he’s gotten plenty of criticism for the last 2-3 books being boring.

15 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Gotcha.

That said, he’s gotten plenty of criticism for the last 2-3 books being boring.

Yep, I stopped reading his books because they became too boring with no plot advances, which is why I think the show is actually better. It's just disappointing to see the show fall into the old tropes after being so fresh for so long.

29 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Here's some food for thought: 

For the record, Vladimir Furdik is the actor who played the Night King.

Interesting. He didn't really touch "Bran," he touched Vision Bran. But that did leave marks on real Bran, so who knows.

The Night King very definitely touched Arya. Right before she stuck him like an ice pop. 

Likely that means nothing. I'm sure they're just going to get on with the next war. They've only got three episodes left.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

For the record, Vladimir Furdik is the actor who played the Night King.

Interesting. He didn't really touch "Bran," he touched Vision Bran. But that did leave marks on real Bran, so who knows.

The Night King very definitely touched Arya. Right before she stuck him like an ice pop. 

Likely that means nothing. I'm sure they're just going to get on with the next war. They've only got three episodes left.

They could do a last shot or post-credits scene for the final episode where Bran's and/or Arya's eyes turn blue. That would suck a lot.

43 minutes ago, Mike Mcdee said:

Craster's babies were truned into white walkers. Viserion was raised from the dead. Bran was alive and not actually touched. Vladimir might be doing a bit of trolling.

I do think he is trolling a bit, but it's a fun thing to think about.