Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

23 minutes ago, GSG said:

This one is pretty out there but I could see some things being true:

The Great War Isn't Over

I feel better about my own nerdiness for having read 10% of that.

Why is he treating the show as if it’s the book series? The most obvious conclusion is they didn’t care about the prophecy. Was the prophecy even in the show? Cersei’s foretelling wasn’t shown in its entirety. 

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Was the prophecy even in the show?

I just watched the entire series over the past few months, and I can't remember it being mentioned. If it was, who would have talked about it?

That's fun fanfic and all, but there is no way they're going to turn the whole series on its ear in the last three episodes with some hard-to-explain plot by a character that had about as much screen time as Pip.

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I feel better about my own nerdiness for having read 10% of that.

Why is he treating the show as if it’s the book series? The most obvious conclusion is they didn’t care about the prophecy. Was the prophecy even in the show? Cersei’s foretelling wasn’t shown in its entirety. 

The show has very clearly shown multiple times that the prophecies can be wrong.

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Just remembered today as Im going through the series today that the Sand lady might still be alive. I wonder if she is going to have a part to play before all is said and done. 

I don't recall for sure. What is the last we have seen of her......chained to the wall of Cersei's dungeon, opposite her daughter who was poisoned? 

2 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

Just remembered today as Im going through the series today that the Sand lady might still be alive. I wonder if she is going to have a part to play before all is said and done. 

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't recall for sure. What is the last we have seen of her......chained to the wall of Cersei's dungeon, opposite her daughter who was poisoned? 

I had to Google it, but Cersei told Ellaria she would be forced to live to watch her daughter die and decompose. So she might still be alive. I kinda think they won't bother with that though. That scene seemed pretty final.

Ok, I looked some more and spoilers:

Varma says she received the call all Game of Thrones actors with ill-fated characters get, from showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss. “I was expecting it,” she said. “I wasn’t heartbroken. And I was like, ‘As long as I die on screen…’ and they were like ‘Yeah!’ But of course I don’t die on screen. I stay alive, I’m just not going to reappear. I think it’s really clever.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/07/31/ellaria-sand-actress-confirms-wont-coming-back-game-thrones/

20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I had to Google it, but Cersei told Ellaria she would be forced to live to watch her daughter die and decompose. So she might still be alive. I kinda think they won't bother with that though. That scene seemed pretty final.

Ok, I looked some more and spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Varma says she received the call all Game of Thrones actors with ill-fated characters get, from showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss. “I was expecting it,” she said. “I wasn’t heartbroken. And I was like, ‘As long as I die on screen…’ and they were like ‘Yeah!’ But of course I don’t die on screen. I stay alive, I’m just not going to reappear. I think it’s really clever.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/07/31/ellaria-sand-actress-confirms-wont-coming-back-game-thrones/

Spoiler

Yeah, her fate seemed pretty sealed. I wasn’t expecting her to be a factor the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:
  Hide contents

Is it bad that I'm more shocked/saddened by Rhaegal dying tonight than anyone who died last week? 

I agree. I think because

I just want Cersei to die so bad, and also a little that I feel bad for Dany.

Anyhow, I'm sure soldiers will materialize from thin air again and the good guys will be fine. And I still think Jaime will kill Cersei. He listed all the s#!t he's done for her. He's going to do the right thing in the end.

10 hours ago, Cdog923 said:
  Hide contents

Is it bad that I'm more shocked/saddened by Rhaegal dying tonight than anyone who died last week? 

I was shocked too, it happened so quick and unexpected. We had 9 years of dragon build-up and then 2/3 are gone for good within like 30 minutes of screen time...

I'm not a fan of Euron Greyjoy. He's a great actor and fun part to watch, but I feel like he was just thrown into this plot a few steps from the finish line and has too big of part. 

• Plus1 1