Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

I mean, I don't think it was as bad as Lost was, but that's still an awful ending. 

Spoiler

Why is there still a Night's Watch? The Wildlings are all south of the wall, and the White Walkers are all dead. If anything, Jon should have been relegated to Kingsguard. 

13 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I mean, I don't think it was as bad as Lost was, but that's still an awful ending. 

Hide contents

Why is there still a Night's Watch? The Wildlings are all south of the wall, and the White Walkers are all dead. If anything, Jon should have been relegated to Kingsguard. 

I think it was worse than Lost. At least with Lost there was a theme throughout.....you were just lost and nothing was explained. GoT started and stayed strong for 6-7 seasons and then they ruined the endgame with overly rushed culminations. I probably could've accepted every characters ending if they would've just presented them correctly, in the same fashion as the first 5 seasons. Disappointed, no frustrated.

Spoiler

I agree, there is no purpose for the Night's Watch, the wall, castle black, any of that stuff anymore. They could've at least thrown us a bone and had Tormund and Brienne hook up at least once.

• Plus1 1

Maybe it was reading the leaks, but the second half of season 8 was disappointing

Spoiler

The second Dany decided to go after the citizens of Kings Landing she was going to die. The whole will or won't he with Jon did not work because of the actions Dany took the previous episode. Then on top of that Drogon didn't kill Jon after the deed was done. No moral ambiguity with the story because they wanted to make sure when Dany died there would be no blow back. 

10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I think it was worse than Lost. At least with Lost there was a theme throughout.....you were just lost and nothing was explained. GoT started and stayed strong for 6-7 seasons and then they ruined the endgame with overly rushed culminations. I probably could've accepted every characters ending if they would've just presented them correctly, in the same fashion as the first 5 seasons. Disappointed, no frustrated.

Hide contents

I agree, there is no purpose for the Night's Watch, the wall, castle black, any of that stuff anymore. They could've at least thrown us a bone and had Tormund and Brienne hook up at least once.

In terms of Lost, I don't think this was as bad as that finale because we've been conditioned to expect this one to suck over the past couple of seasons. 

Spoiler

The only reason for the Night's Watch to still exist is to give Bran a reason to let Jon escape so he can move north with the Tormund, Ghost and the Wildlings. It's a bad plot crutch. 

• Plus1 1

What was the point of Dany's turn into dictator if that was how they decided to end the show after she dies? Elect Bran because he can't father children, prompting another vote when he steps down? Dany's barren, same result. Destruction of the city via Wildfire caches instead of dragon? Same result. Dothraki going back home and the Unsullied going to Naath? Same result. 

27 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

What was the point of Dany's turn into dictator if that was how they decided to end the show after she dies? Elect Bran because he can't father children, prompting another vote when he steps down? Dany's barren, same result. Destruction of the city via Wildfire caches instead of dragon? Same result. Dothraki going back home and the Unsullied going to Naath? Same result. 

Even bigger question: what was the point of Jon being a Targ? 

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Even bigger question: what was the point of Jon being a Targ? 

Ya, what he did is what he would have done if he wasn't a Targ. So in the TV show it was just to throw us off? Or maybe if she wasn't his aunt he wouldn't have been icked out by being her boyfriend and would've ruled with her. But that's not in his character to have done.

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ya, what he did is what he would have done if he wasn't a Targ. So in the TV show it was just to throw us off? Or maybe if she wasn't his aunt he wouldn't have been icked out by being her boyfriend and would've ruled with her. But that's not in his character to have done.

Weirdly, Jon turned out not to be much of a character at all. He was the driving force behind a lot of what happened until Daenerys showed up, then he turned into cream of wheat and just moped around.

• Plus1 1