Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

I don't have much of a problem with how the last two seasons concluded, just how they got there. The first 6 seasons, spread out evenly over 10 years, were 10 episodes each, with good pacing and story-telling. The last two seasons, including making us wait a year in between, jammed 13 episodes into a rushed mess. Even this last season could have been salvaged spreading it out over 10 episodes. Instead, after 7 seasons/8 years of setup, they crammed The Great War and killing one dragon (again), revealing Targaryan lineage and killing second dragon, The Last War, and killing Dany into 4 episodes.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, QMany said:

I don't have much of a problem with how the last two seasons concluded, just how they got there. The first 6 seasons, spread out evenly over 10 years, were 10 episodes each, with good pacing and story-telling. The last two seasons, including making us wait a year in between, jammed 13 episodes into a rushed mess. Even this last season could have been salvaged spreading it out over 10 episodes. Instead, after 7 seasons/8 years of setup, they crammed The Great War and killing one dragon (again), revealing Targaryan lineage and killing second dragon, The Last War, and killing Dany into 4 episodes.

The Long Night should have been a season unto itself, and the Last War should have also been it's own season. 

• Plus1 2

As an aside, I'm surprised that only Sophie Turner has parlayed the show into other big successes. She was a nobody before and now has a stand-alone X-Men feature and married a Jonas brother. I guess Kit is printing money with the How to Train Your Dragon series. 

1 minute ago, QMany said:

As an aside, I'm surprised that only Sophie Turner has parlayed the show into other big successes. She was a nobody before and now has a stand-alone X-Men feature and married a Jonas brother. I guess Kit is printing money with the How to Train Your Dragon series. 

Emilia was in a Star Wars movie. 

Like everyone else, I thought the ending was rushed, which is perplexing to me.  The only reason I have HBO is because of GoT.  How many people are going to cancel their subscriptions?  HBO did a heckuva lot of advertising at the beginning of this finale, but with the disappointment fans have over the finish to their most popular show, how much confidence do we have that other shows will be worth it?  Seems to me HBO left a lot of money on the table by hurrying to the finish of GoT.  And I think they're going to lose a lot more because of it.  

• Plus1 3
17 minutes ago, Calvin said:

Like everyone else, I thought the ending was rushed, which is perplexing to me.  The only reason I have HBO is because of GoT.  How many people are going to cancel their subscriptions?  HBO did a heckuva lot of advertising at the beginning of this finale, but with the disappointment fans have over the finish to their most popular show, how much confidence do we have that other shows will be worth it?  Seems to me HBO left a lot of money on the table by hurrying to the finish of GoT.  And I think they're going to lose a lot more because of it.  

I'm canceling it tonight.

This was their big chance to prove to me that I should buy their service. They completely blew it. I have waaaaay too much stuff to watch on Netflix & Amazon already, but if they'd have blown me away with this series I might have stayed. No chance now. And I'm not sticking around for the spinoffs.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

This was their big chance to prove to me that I should buy their service. They completely blew it. I have waaaaay too much stuff to watch on Netflix & Amazon already, but if they'd have blown me away with this series I might have stayed. No chance now. And I'm not sticking around for the spinoffs.

Yep, exactly.  

11 minutes ago, NebraskaHarry said:

Chernobyl is pretty interesting if you haven't watched the first two episodes. 

But there are/were a couple shows I watched on HBO. 

Yeah it looks pretty good so far. And it's doubtful they can F it up since it's a true story.

30 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I would cancel HBO just to show my displeasure but I'm not actually paying for it right now. It's included in a package deal. The real conundrum is if I'll buy s8 DVD's. I have the boxed set of s1-s7 but currently I am not expecting to complete the collection. I think I'd prefer remembering it for it was and what it could've been rather than having s8 ruin it all over again at some future time. I definitely will never get invested in another series by D&D, if they are even allowed to do one again.