Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

I don't think Jon Snow is "dead". There is a reason that the red haired witch kept trying to have sex with him and convince him to leave the Nights Watch. It's because she recognized he was more powerful than Stannis. I think she brings him back to life.

That's what I kept thinking since I had read that

Kit Harington had already signed on for season 6, but then I tried to find the article again last night and all I could find were quotes from him saying he's done

If you read the interview here is the relevant part.

I was talking to Dan Weiss and he said Jon is really dead. But George R.R. Martin left open the possibility the character might not be dead in the books. And then that cast salary contract story came out last year and it had your name among those receiving raises for season six and an option on a seventh. So let me ask you: Is Jonreally dead?

This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future isnot like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.

I am a huge Soprano fan, and it has been confirmed in later interviews Tony was never whacked, that it was a metaphore for how Tony would have to live the rest of his life, always looking over his shoulder.

Maybe an intentional use of a Soprano reference or a misuse, who knows. I do know that his contract was extended for next season, so they have the option of bringing him back, but until it is released no one knows. It would be a huge spoiler for the book readers so I can understand

Here is an interview from George RR martin.

When asked point-blank of Snow is firmly gone—as in, is actor Kit Harington released from his Thrones contract?—showrunner Dan Weiss told EW, “Dead is dead.”

“We would hope that after seeing the scene and the way it’s shot that the answer to that will be unambiguous in the minds of the people watching it,” Weiss explained. “It should be pretty clear what happens in by the time you’re done seeing that scene. It’s not an, ‘Oh what just happened scene?’”

Yet when we asked Martin about his A Song of Ice and Fire saga, the author gave a very different answer. “Oh, you think he’s dead, do you?” Martin teased us in an interview in 2011. “My readers should know better than to take anything as gospel.”

And then just a few months ago when we re-asked about the topic, Martin told us: “If there’s one thing we know in A Song of Ice and Fire is that death is not necessarily permanent.”

If you read interviews from George RR Martin, his fav book to form his writing style was LOTR, and Gandalf, that being said, people arent the same when they come back. In the show we have seen resurrection by the God of Lights minions before, the duel against the hound, that said each time that idiot was resurrected he came back a shadow of himself, think making a copy of a copy on a copy machine. That said however not everyone who is reborn comes back weaker. JS is AA as funny as it would be to have it be RS its JS. He will be back.

George said, however by the end of his books he will have to go into hiding.

Daernerys_vision_Iron_Thrones_2x10.jpg

If JS is really dead I hope and pray this happens. That is a prophecy by Daenerys while in the mages tower about the Red Keep being laid to waist in the winter. That being the others aka white walkers laid siege and destroyed kings landing. Here is hoping if JS is dead, all those other idiots in westros die. Might also explain why the other two of the major 3 are not in Westros anymore, could be bad things heading there way. As we have seen in GoT do something bad, bad things happen. I think the Nights watch has something not so nice coming. Also would it not be funny / just reward for little finger, he becomes warden of the north only to have it taken by the others the next day. Other thought I had was a lot of corpses after the battle for WF, I wonder if the zombie raising has come that far south yet? Would be interesting for Ramsey Snow to see another standing army outside his gates, this time the others, and charge head long into them.

4ZIoAsi.jpg

I don't think Jon Snow is "dead". There is a reason that the red haired witch kept trying to have sex with him and convince him to leave the Nights Watch. It's because she recognized he was more powerful than Stannis. I think she brings him back to life.

Kit Harington had already signed on for season 6, but then I tried to find the article again last night and all I could find were quotes from him saying he's done

And then there is this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBhZPWmXUtE#t=710

Why do these YouTube people all have such annoying voices? :lol:

Why do these YouTube people all have such annoying voices? :lol:

73Glx00.jpg

• Fire 2

I find it hilarious the people that are pissed about this and saying they will stop watching the show (not necessarily anyone on this site, just in general). You are watching a show that is based on books that the writer himself has claimed he hates happy endings. Don't get attached to characters in a show like this. Anyone is fair game. We found that out during the red wedding. I like Tyrion, but I know he will most likely die before the show ends and Im okay with that. It would not shock me at all to see the show/book end with Ramsay Bolton holding the iron throne. Get over it people, move on, hes dead. Stop trying to think of clever ways to bring him back from the dead...

Get over it people, move on, hes dead. Stop trying to think of clever ways to bring him back from the dead...

I realize the books and the show are starting to go in different directions (and that will get even worse now that the tv show has caught up to the book for many characters) but it was pretty obvious from the way Jon died in the book that he either wasn't really dead or he was going to be brought back. Basically it was: Jon is stabbed, The end. There was no reaction to his being stabbed by any of the characters. It was just cut off immediately before there was even time to check a pulse. There are other reasons why he probably isn't dead but I'm not going to get into those because they're big spoilers about other things in the story.

I find it hilarious the people that are pissed about this and saying they will stop watching the show (not necessarily anyone on this site, just in general). You are watching a show that is based on books that the writer himself has claimed he hates happy endings. Don't get attached to characters in a show like this. Anyone is fair game. We found that out during the red wedding. I like Tyrion, but I know he will most likely die before the show ends and Im okay with that. It would not shock me at all to see the show/book end with Ramsay Bolton holding the iron throne. Get over it people, move on, hes dead. Stop trying to think of clever ways to bring him back from the dead...

giphy.gif

True dat. But it just burns me up, damnit! :lol:

• Fire 3

People don't want to watch if he's truely dead because it's sh**ty story telling. You don't create a major character, have him be a central part of many story lines and then kill him off before resolving any of the story lines or answering any questions about him and his past. That's why I wouldn't watch any way.

Edited by ZRod
  • Fire 2