Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

• 3 weeks later...

Season 7, Episode 1: "Dragonstone"

After too long of wait, GoT is back! And the premiere jump-started with Arya doing Arya things. It was easy to see what was happening, but that didn't make her monologue any less great.

GOT4-master675.jpg

It seems clear that we are going to get a Jon X Daenerys introduction at Dragonstone; I hope rather soon. And I think her new throne is even cooler than the Iron Throne.

Daenerys-Targaryen-Dragonstone-2-large_t

Euron and Cersei is going to happen, and I think his gift will be the Sands that killed her daughter.

euron2.jpg

There were many references to the integrity of The Wall. Much like the many references to Wildfire in Season 6, this seemed like clear foreshadowing.

I thought it was a pretty good episode and will kick things off nicely for the season. But it is a bummer we will only get 7 episodes this season (and 6 next).

Yeah, with only 12 episodes left I think things will have to proceed at a pretty good clip. Just consider what has happened in the last 3 episodes... and I don't think Arya is anywhere near done doing Arya things.

I think you're probably right about Euron and the Sands. My initial thought for his gift was Tyrion but I don't see that happening. I was sort of surprised to see Euron being funny and cocky. A bit of a change from his character last season.

It will be interesting where things go with Sansa "undermining" Jon and how that keeps Little Finger involved in things. They've got to move his storyline forward or kill him off. His thing with Sansa needs to come to a head or stop.