Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

Wow. That was amazing.

Does nobody employ scouts, though?

Jaime is somewhat suicidal, it seems.

What's that underneath the water, or was it just me?

I think Randyl Tarly stated that the gold made it back to Kings Landing. The wagon train was full of the food and grains taken from High Garden. There have been several talks about food shortages. Don't know if it's a plot point to pay attention to or just something they want to remind us about during winter.

I believe Tarly said that it made it through the pass safely. Not that it made it back to Kings Landing. So what you might see is the gold returning to Cersi but she doesn't pay back the debt in order to use it to hire the mercenary dudes and rebuild the Lannister army.

This has to be the best battle scene in the series for me.

Just the fact that these are two principals going against each other, it's made it genuinely confusing who to root for. I've been strongly #TeamDany, but it's hard to watch the Lannisters crumple like that. Why, I don't know.

I guess a lot of it is empathy for Tyrion; yeah, he's abandoning his family and choosing a much more worthy leader, but that's his homeland, too, and Dany's torching them. And perhaps she's quite right: deep down, he doesn't really want to destroy his own people. If they weren't his own, perhaps he'd have thought more clearly or given better advice. This is going to be an uncomfortable homecoming for Tyrion the more successful it becomes.

And Jaime, the more I think about it the more it's clear that he's totally checked out at this point. He saw an opportunity to die honorably in battle and gunned for it. There's no rational way he wasn't expecting not to get toasted. But he's sick of where things are going, even if he will still perform his duties. If there's a rebellious, Tyrion streak in him, it hasn't been activated. He's dead inside.

Lastly: wouldn't it be the most GoT things ever for that to actually have been the end of Jaime? I hope not, as he's one of the most compelling actors on the entire cast. But right at this moment where there's so much unresolved for him. The normal rules of television dictate that storylines and conflicts are wrapped up neatly for the major players by the end. People who go off to fight in battles like this, they don't get that opportunity. Loose ends remain loose when the time comes.

Yeah, the teaser seemed to spell more than just tension between them -- it's sort of suggesting Dany is becoming a little unhinged. I could see that. All her idealism will have to wash away at some point if she wants to rule, or at least that's something they're exploring here: the ruthless, pragmatic queen of Westeros and the aspirational contender without the Iron Throne. Similarly, Sansa is smart and cutting and Jon, while gallant and heroic, has been portrayed as kind of mind-numbingly stupid and unfit to rule.

Maybe Tyrion should win the whole thing!

Okay, who do you guys think the best ruler would be at the end?

Not your favorite but who would be the best.

Not because I like Jon Snow but I think Jon Snow should sit on the Iron Throne.

Out of Cersi, Danny and Jon, Jon is the only one who doesn't want to rule the 7 kingdoms and hasn't let his ego get in the way

I'm guessing Sansa will rule the north and Dany will be queen. Maybe Jon Snow will fight for democracy. Although seeing as he's Dany's nephew it wouldn't be surprising if he ruled the north for her. Although he wants the north to be its own thing, and so do the other northerners.

I was going to say Jon would be an awful riler because he's a pushover but he was pretty bad ass while he was the lord commander, so I dunno.

I'm guessing Sansa will rule the north and Dany will be queen. Maybe Jon Snow will fight for democracy. Although seeing as he's Dany's nephew it wouldn't be surprising if he ruled the north for her. Although he wants the north to be its own thing, and so do the other northerners.

I was going to say Jon would be an awful riler because he's a pushover but he was pretty bad ass while he was the lord commander, so I dunno.

Dany may believe she is the rightful heir to the throne. The thing is, if Jon's parents got married, he would be the rightful heir. Rhaegar is farther up the line of succession than Dany. His heir would then be next in line. Now he could abdicate the throne, but I believe it would be his decision.

Dany may believe she is the rightful heir to the throne. The thing is, if Jon's parents got married, he would be the rightful heir. Rhaegar is farther up the line of succession than Dany. His heir would then be next in line. Now he could abdicate the throne, but I believe it would be his decision.

But they didn't get married so the point is mute. Not only did they not get married, Rhaegar broke his previous engagement to run away with the daughter of his family's enemy. (I don't buy that he kidnapped and raped her).

The only reason Jon is king of the north is because everyone thought he was Ned's only living son, and they're living in exceptional times.

Dany is alive and well and has the only claim to lead the Targaryens as long as that's true and they're following the previous rules of succession.