Game of Thrones - Please no spoilers from ASOIAF

Read something on Reddit (and at least part of it has been confirmed by Lena), but the showrunners made decisions about the ending due to the fact that the entirety of Season 7 was leaked before the season premiere. 

A Summary:

• Ending very different in a lot of ways to what GRRM planned; Sansa as Queen in the North was correct but King Bran was a D&D attempt to come out of left field

• Cersei was meant to miscarry at the end of S7 and it was meant to drive her to paranoia

• Bronn storyline was a leftover from that outline, with Cersei sending him to kill Sansa, believing she poisoned her (and by extension Brienne too). That would have set up Jaime as Valonquar as he went south to kill her

• Dany was going to lose it with Cersei post battle, and only after she outright threatens to blow up KL with the rest of the wildfire

• Grey Worm (and Missendei?) were supposed to die in a battle that led up to Dany losing it, with both Jon and Tyrion also walking out on Dany BEFORE KL was razed to ash

• Dany would have commanded Drogon to melt the throne as a 'fu' to Jon and Westeros overall, and she was meant to nope out and fly back east to her true home

• Jon was meant to be King, with Jaime as his Hand (as penance for killing the last Queen), as he wanted someone who would be willing to kill him if he ever lost it and went too far

• Jaime was meant to marry Brienne, with some sort of political aspect involved

• HBO ordered more screentime for Kit, Emilia and Peter to give them a shot at the Emmys, but this came at the expensive of Lena and Nikolaj, whose storylines were poached (killing the Queen, and big death scene respectively)

Have trouble believing the more screentime for Emmys part, but I have no problem believing the rest.

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

After how GoT ended, I'm not sure I'm ready to jump back into another one of these series.

'Game of Thrones' prequel, 'House of the Dragon,' coming to HBO

HBO announced Tuesday it has ordered a "Game of Thrones" prequel from George R.R. Martin and Ryan Condal based on Martin's "Fire & Blood" series.

The show is set 300 years before the events of "Game of Thrones" and tells the story of the House of Targaryen, according to HBO.

Daenerys Targaryen, played by Emilia Clarke, was a major character in the mothership series, which ended earlier this year.

Condal will partner with Miguel Sapochnik and share showrunner duties on the new series.

Sapochnik, who has an overall deal at HBO and directed several episodes of "Game of Thrones," will direct the pilot.

This series is different from the other prequel that had been in the works at HBO with Naomi Watts set to star. HBO reportedly passed on that project.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

After how GoT ended, I'm not sure I'm ready to jump back into another one of these series.

This one will actually have plenty of completed story lines depending which way they want to go. They could go the Aegon's Conquest route, the Dance of the Dragons plot ( which would be my hope) or they can break it into chunks like a history piece which is kind of how Fire and Blood is set up. There's a lot more source material for Miguel to work with and since some of the plots are painted with broad strokes, fans of the books won't go to crazy over adding new plots because there are a lot of vague points. I am very excited for this regardless of how they choose to attack it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2019 at 9:22 AM, Ziebol said:

This one will actually have plenty of completed story lines depending which way they want to go. They could go the Aegon's Conquest route, the Dance of the Dragons plot ( which would be my hope) or they can break it into chunks like a history piece which is kind of how Fire and Blood is set up. There's a lot more source material for Miguel to work with and since some of the plots are painted with broad strokes, fans of the books won't go to crazy over adding new plots because there are a lot of vague points. I am very excited for this regardless of how they choose to attack it.

Miguel was also the director for most of the big battle episodes. I trust him more than the previous showrunners.

• 8 months later...

Just completed a rewatch of the entire series. I guess I finally got over being pissed at them for the way it ended. It (the last couple seasons) seemed quite a bit better than it originally did. I had complained about the pace being too rushed but, thinking about it now, the pace had to increase. Character development time was through and once the plot was narrowing and large groups of the main characters began getting together, stuff needed to get settled. So anyway, the pace issue seemed much better this time. I still am not pleased with the last episode and how they culminated many of the character’s fates. Arya sailing off to nowhere, Jon going back to the Night’s Watch (like that is even needed anymore), Bran as King, and Sansa queen of the North even though all she ever did was make bad choices, whine and undercut Jon, Cersei’s storyline shortchanged at the end. Not happy with any of those. About all they got right to my satisfaction was the end of the Hound and Mountain and Jon killing Dany. The whole last season seemed much better this time but dang, that last episode is still really a dog IMO. Thought maybe I’d be happier now without the original disappointment of it all having to end. That helped everything except for, well you know, the actual ending.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, we couldn't have this dope-ass character from the books because it minimizes the impact of characters' deaths, but we'll add a bunch of rapes for no reason 

Game of Thrones: Here's Why Lady Stoneheart Never Showed Up

He and Weiss outline their decision to skip the character, for whom many fans clamored, citing: discussions with Martin about what he has planned for her in future novels (in A Feast for Crows, she is heavily involved in Jaime and Brienne’s storyline), an unwillingness to pack too many back-from-the-dead moments into the narrative (“Too many resurrections start to diminish the impact of characters dying,” Benioff points out) and a desire to let the Red Wedding stand as the gut-punch that it was.

• 7 months later...

• 2 years later...

I once brought a jacka$$ and a honeycomb into a brothel…..

This may be the most important thing they left unanswered in GoT. Tyrion started this joke 3 separate times in the series but we were never provided the punchline. Well fret no longer, I have found the ending to this joke.

Tyrion walks into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jacka$$.

Madame: What can we do for you?

Tyrion: I need a woman to lay with for my wife has left me.

Madame: Oh that’s too bad, why did she leave you? And what’s with the honeycomb and mule?

Tyrion: I gave my wife a bottle with a genie in it as a gift. The genie granted her 3 wishes. Her first was for a home fit for a queen, so he gave her this damn honeycomb. For her second wish she asked for the nicest a$$ in all the land, and he gave her this damn donkey.

Madame: And what about the third wish?

Tyrion: She asked the genie to make my c$%k hang down below my knees.

Madame: Well that ones not so bad, eh.

Tyrion: Not so bad!!? I used to be six foot three.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 2