Who was Nebraska's "toughest" quarterback of the last 25 years?

Who was Nebraska's toughest QB, 1988-2013?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Tommy is great for other reasons, but also think his greatness is a bit overblown at times.

It's hard to "overblow" the greatness of a guy who's considered by some as the greatest college QB of all time.

Cool articles, but it's not an argument. The fact that some think he is the greatest of all time isn't the fact that he is - could just as easily be proof that his greatness is overblown :lol:

I think Tommy is great for other reasons, but also think his greatness is a bit overblown at times.

It's hard to "overblow" the greatness of a guy who's considered by some as the greatest college QB of all time.

Cool articles, but it's not an argument. The fact that some think he is the greatest of all time isn't the fact that he is - could just as easily be proof that his greatness is overblown :lol:

Says the guy who was probably 4 years old when Tommie was a Senior. .

You're trying too hard.

• Fire 1

Burn the heathen!

You're trying too hard.

Says the guy that went to fetch four links.

NO ONE is going to mock Knapplc for misspelling Tommie Fraizer's name?

I fixed it. Do you realize you also misspelled his name?

Do you realize I am great at ironical humor?

Do you realize my ship is towing mines?

My father served in the ministry of irony Mr. Manfredjensen

After the shellacking that ASU gave Frost in his first start, he had the mental fortitude to put that debacle in his rearview mirror. He was mentally and physically beat up in that game, but came back to lead a juggernaut for the next two years.

That to me shows his mental toughness and then you watch his highlights of destroying guys up and down the field with his physicality.

Taylor is a close second. Besides, Frost came from my part of Nebraska and everyone knows how tough us G.I area guys are. Lol. =)

• Fire 2

I know it's not a popular pick, but I'm going with Jamal Lord. That guy was the best runner we had - and the other team knew it. And our OL was average, so he took some shots. But mostly he took WAY more crap off the field than anyone else on that list. Lord for being a warrior both on and off the field.

I literally only have 2 memories of Zac Taylor, without thinking too hard. His run and dive into the endzone vs Pitt that was like less than 10 yards but took 30 seconds. He was definitely not known for speed.

My other memory is his TD to INT ratio going into the Big12 title game. I think it was around 21 TD's to 3 INT's. He finished that game with 3 picks. It was my last memory of him as I didn't get to see the Auburn game that year.

I don't even remember specific Zac Taylor plays, so you're up on me there, Streeter. All I remember is that he just got crushed over and over and over, and I must have thought half a dozen times that the poor guy was not going to get up - but he got up.

Guys like Crouch and Frost delivered the blow, and to an extent Lord and Frazier did, too. But Zac Taylor was like a slow, fragile-looking puppy in that pocket standing behind the Callahan version of the Maginot Line, and he never left his post.

you young pups need to check our some Eric videos. That guy was the entire offense and got hit on almost every play (as an option QB). As far as I know the guy never went out of bounds and was tough as nails. To have him behind TM makes me think Nebraska fans need a refresher. Now get off my lawn.