Who was Nebraska's "toughest" quarterback of the last 25 years?

Who was Nebraska's toughest QB, 1988-2013?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Crouch, Lord, Zac Taylor, Martinez all took beatings in their careers that Frazier and guys before didn't have, thanks to dominant offensive lines. Hard to decide who was tougher from that group. Can't argue if you say any of them. I voted Crouch, though.

you young pups need to check our some Eric videos. That guy was the entire offense and got hit on almost every play (as an option QB). As far as I know the guy never went out of bounds and was tough as nails. To have him behind TM makes me think Nebraska fans need a refresher. Now get off my lawn.

Nobody needs a refresher - they just define toughness differently than you.

That's a good point, Landlord. I won't argue against any guy on that list. Steve Taylor wasn't immune to getting plastered and he has no votes. Crouch was nails, so was Frost, so was Martinez.

There really isn't a wrong answer here. It's just good to see a guy like Zac Taylor, who happened to play in an otherwise forgettable era, getting some love from Husker fans. Most of us would like to forget the Callahan Era, but there were still some great players, some great Huskers, on those teams.

I'd like to see Zac brought out on the field and feted, like they've done with Suh and some other players. He'd get a hell of an ovation, I'm thinking.

you young pups need to check our some Eric videos. That guy was the entire offense and got hit on almost every play (as an option QB). As far as I know the guy never went out of bounds and was tough as nails. To have him behind TM makes me think Nebraska fans need a refresher. Now get off my lawn.

Oh we remember. We're just differentiating between Crouch/Lord/Frost/Frazier being the hammer and Taylor/Martinez/etc being the nail.

• Fire 1

That's a good point, Landlord. I won't argue against any guy on that list. Steve Taylor wasn't immune to getting plastered and he has no votes. Crouch was nails, so was Frost, so was Martinez.

There really isn't a wrong answer here. It's just good to see a guy like Zac Taylor, who happened to play in an otherwise forgettable era, getting some love from Husker fans. Most of us would like to forget the Callahan Era, but there were still some great players, some great Huskers, on those teams.

I'd like to see Zac brought out on the field and feted, like they've done with Suh and some other players. He'd get a hell of an ovation, I'm thinking.

He was Big 12 Offensive player of the year in '06, so I would assume-if he's willing to do so-that something like this would and should happen at some point in time.

For toughness I would go with Crouch. He is about 5'11" and maybe 200lbs. He really took a pounding for someone that size and dished some back as well.

For brute force I take Frost. He was Tim Tebow before there was such a thing. Six foot three 225lbs running about a 4.6 forty over the top of guys. He didn't have a ton of moves but I liked his style.

For toughness I would go with Crouch. He is about 5'11" and maybe 200lbs. He really took a pounding for someone that size and dished some back as well.

For brute force I take Frost. He was Tim Tebow before there was such a thing. Six foot three 225lbs running about a 4.6 forty over the top of guys. He didn't have a ton of moves but I liked his style.

Scott Frost was so much better of a runner than Tim Tebow it's comical.

• Fire 3

Crouch is about my top 2-3 all time huskers but my vote went to Frost.

They lined up the bodies in the wake of his play.

He just trucked us to a tilte, and when he needed to he pitched it to Ahman Green for good measure.

Frost was tough, remember that disgusting burst Bursa Sac he had on his elbow? He played all year w that thing dangling off his arm and STILL steamrolled linebackers.

• Fire 2

i wasn't a huge Crouch fan because he was a little too one-dimensional, but the one thing I always marvelled at was how tough he was. He wasn't big. He didn't look like he could lower a shoulder into anybody. But he did. And he always popped up quick. Took the huge hits, popped out of the pile-up and was back in the huddle before the defenders knew what hit them. Frost did the same thing, but he was a lot bigger and did it for only two years. Frazier and Martinez were injured. A lot. They may have been tough, but being injured a lot cuts into that rep. Loved Zac Taylor, but he got pasted for only two years himself. Crouch was essentially a four year starter who took more hits than anyone on the team and unless I'm mistaken never missed a game -- or even a play -- due to injury.