Who was Nebraska's "toughest" quarterback of the last 25 years?

Who was Nebraska's toughest QB, 1988-2013?  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My reasoning behind Taylor is because guys like Crouch and Frost and Lord were usually dishing out the contact. Running into it. Lowering their shoulder. Etc. Zac Taylor was blindsided more often than not and was always on the defensive and in panic mode in the pocket. It was sad to watch most of the time.

My reasoning behind Taylor is because guys like Crouch and Frost and Lord were usually dishing out the contact. Running into it. Lowering their shoulder. Etc. Zac Taylor was blindsided more often than not and was always on the defensive and in panic mode in the pocket. It was sad to watch most of the time.

yeah, to me it was semantics. frost, crouch, all of them were "tough" in that they were strong, brutish individuals. zac taylor was "tough" in that you could not keep him down and he took a beating. they are all tough and could take their licks, but zac taylor was a pocket passer who got rocked on every play. the other guys were built for the physicality, it was all zac taylor's will that allowed him to keep getting up.

Funny that Tommie Fraiser is often regarded as Nebraska's best quarterback ever, but he has no votes for toughest quarterback.

I wonder if that's because he was too talented for us to know? I can't remember Tommie taking all that many solid hits. He rarely, if ever, got lined up in anyone's crosshairs.

Funny that Tommie Fraiser is often regarded as Nebraska's best quarterback ever, but he has no votes for toughest quarterback.

I wonder if that's because he was too talented for us to know? I can't remember Tommie taking all that many solid hits. He rarely, if ever, got lined up in anyone's crosshairs.

Your offensive line giving up zero sacks probably helps in that regard.

Otherwise, I think Tommy is great for other reasons, but also think his greatness is a bit overblown at times.

• Fire 1

Tommie had a better knack for avoiding the big hits than a lot of the other guys on this list. And while guys like Frost could break tackles just by sheer brute force, Tommie could squirt away from a tackle better than most (or 11 tackles at once, as it were).