Who's Next?

2 minutes ago, Comish said:

Was it the media? Or was it the self--crowned mystic 0mnipotent see-er Steve Peterson?

Going from memory both. I believe the turning point was 2001 title game. That was when that narrative really picked up steam. But I think it was an over reaction to playing an all time great team. Then 02 happened which fed the narrative more. 03 hired a new d coordinator and had 10 win season and we went a new direction anyway 

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

but does/will will recruit OL and DL like in the old model and develop them like the old model?

If you look at the OL recruits that Frost has brought in they are big, mean and nasty and I think we've had good development so far so I don't question that. I don't know about the DL yet but we've brought in big powerful guys we just need to develop them. 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

If you look at the OL recruits that Frost has brought in they are big, mean and nasty and I think we've had good development so far so I don't question that. I don't know about the DL yet but we've brought in big powerful guys we just need to develop them. 

I think with the improvement we seen on the OL from the beginning to the end of last season shows that our staff is capable of developing offensive linemen. I think with a full off season and the experience our young linemen got last season our oline will continue to trend up. The DL is still a huge question mark, but I still believe in our staff

• Plus1 3
12 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

we just need to develop them

THIS!  If this is happening we will see 3* guys on the OL get drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round of the draft and 4*'s will become 1st and 2nd round draft pics.  Additionally, we will become more of a "pipeline" and product OL in the NFL like Iowa and Wisky, which are now producing year in and year out more than we have with higher rated recruits.

Thanks for chiming in.

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

THIS!  If this is happening we will see 3* guys on the OL get drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round of the draft and 4*'s will become 1st and 2nd round draft pics.  Additionally, we will become more of a "pipeline" and product OL in the NFL like Iowa and Wisky, which are now producing year in and year out more than we have with higher rated recruits.

Thanks for chiming in.

This development is right on.  2 biggest factors are the higher ranked kids haven't stuck around and the lower ranked kids need to work with the SAME assistants for 3+ years to get over the hump.  We will start to see where we are at in 2021 or before.

On 6/14/2020 at 10:40 AM, GBRFAN said:

This development is right on.  2 biggest factors are the higher ranked kids haven't stuck around and the lower ranked kids need to work with the SAME assistants for 3+ years to get over the hump.  We will start to see where we are at in 2021 or before.

This is huge...across the board.

For way too many years, the higher ranked kids don't stick around and the lower ranked kids are stuck trying to develop while working with new coaches every year or two.  

Both of those issues need to change.

• Fire 1

Now, lets plug in Fidone & Helm and the TE spot will match up with the WRs.   Put em all out there with the big O line we got and I think we change the “Pipeline” into the “Skyline”.   lol.  

Be about 6-4, 6-3, 6-3 at WRs, 6-6 TEs, 6-7, 6-8 across the line.  That will match up with any Big Ten groups.